Nature Decoration

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Should it be offensive to Nature?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:15 pm

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 17

Darian Darkmind

Re: Nature Decoration

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I see Nature as the elite hunters who uphold the balance of the world. As such, it is imho alright to make trophies since that's what hunters do. It really depends how you want to view Nature. Forget how it has been for a moment, and try to see what you want it to be.

I mean, it could as well be a religion of people who try to uphold the balance of nature. The balance sometimes requires hunting down animals, killing Tekstone members and other stuff that might not be seen as the old nature. Imho it doesn't have to be all about loving animals, upholding the balance of nature something requires killing them.

To be honest, with the current RP setup Nature should hate Law and Imperial who constantly build and expand their kingdoms. By doing so they cut down thousands of trees and the structure of their kingdom has raped more of the nature than Tekstone have ever done. It doesn't really make sense they are in so good terms with both of them.

I believe it is important to make Nature less restricted to protecting animals and more about balance as a whole. Less hippies, less love, more action against those that threathen the balance of the world... for example if a war between Imperial and Law would emerge, it is Nature's main task to try to form a peace between these two in order to uphold the balance. I'd like to see them more as the UN in Pangaea trying to make sure everyone is heard. Sure they would still protect animals and nature as a whole agains those who purposely abuse it - like Tekstone gathering a hundred animals just to plague them all.

I don't know, those are just my thoughs. Nature has always been a hard one to give real purpose to since protecting animals is just so... damn... lame for a whole religion to build up to.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Darian Darkmind wrote:I see Nature as the elite hunters who uphold the balance of the world. As such, it is imho alright to make trophies since that's what hunters do. It really depends how you want to view Nature. Forget how it has been for a moment, and try to see what you want it to be.

I mean, it could as well be a religion of people who try to uphold the balance of nature. The balance sometimes requires hunting down animals, killing Tekstone members and other stuff that might not be seen as the old nature. Imho it doesn't have to be all about loving animals, upholding the balance of nature something requires killing them.

To be honest, with the current RP setup Nature should hate Law and Imperial who constantly build and expand their kingdoms. By doing so they cut down thousands of trees and the structure of their kingdom has raped more of the nature than Tekstone have ever done. It doesn't really make sense they are in so good terms with both of them.

I believe it is important to make Nature less restricted to protecting animals and more about balance as a whole. Less hippies, less love, more action against those that threathen the balance of the world... for example if a war between Imperial and Law would emerge, it is Nature's main task to try to form a peace between these two in order to uphold the balance. I'd like to see them more as the UN in Pangaea trying to make sure everyone is heard. Sure they would still protect animals and nature as a whole agains those who purposely abuse it - like Tekstone gathering a hundred animals just to plague them all.

I don't know, those are just my thoughs. Nature has always been a hard one to give real purpose to since protecting animals is just so... damn... lame for a whole religion to build up to.
My view of it is not that hunting or killing animals is wrong in itself. Rather that hunting out of necessity as a natural predator is good, and hunting for lust and prestige is bad. When someone slaughters creatures not to provide for himself but to satisfy unnatural urges Nature should step in. That's how I thought of it when I was Nature. Bascially stopping depraved beings who have little respect for life so they don't upset the natural balance.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Darian Darkmind wrote: To be honest, with the current RP setup Nature should hate Law and Imperial who constantly build and expand their kingdoms.
I've brought up a lot of variety to the members nowadays.

We could go against Law, Imperials easily for known reasons.

We not only stand for "loving animals and hugging trees" but aswell we defend the mark of life.
Law are having a pretty dice history behind all the slaying, but even if it's for the good old "murder&robber" sake, the lives lost in the battles law has caused - can be held as a good RP backup.

Imperial, consuming the resources from Gaea's emrace, could aswell be granted as a good RP mark.

Tekstone, i was actually thinking of some sort of "teaming" with them myself, but knowing that there are some certain playerhaters, its sadly impossible.

Ontopic;

Pretty much what you sayd Darian, new-age Nature is all about PvM'ing aka "Purifying the wrath which keeps seeding to take the innocent _lives_ in this realm"
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Darian Darkmind wrote:To be honest, with the current RP setup Nature should hate Law and Imperial who constantly build and expand their kingdoms. By doing so they cut down thousands of trees and the structure of their kingdom has raped more of the nature than Tekstone have ever done.
Or maybe OoN could have heard of Lavoisier and realize none is going against nature?they're just changing trees into furniture, ore into weapons...you know, the whole "nothing is lost" thing :P
Darian Darkmind

Glarundis wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:To be honest, with the current RP setup Nature should hate Law and Imperial who constantly build and expand their kingdoms. By doing so they cut down thousands of trees and the structure of their kingdom has raped more of the nature than Tekstone have ever done.
Or maybe OoN could have heard of Lavoisier and realize none is going against nature?they're just changing trees into furniture, ore into weapons...you know, the whole "nothing is lost" thing :P
The same thing is happening IRL. And look at our world ;) Would you say our world, life and nature is balanced... no, we are killing our planet every day. People know this, there are facts about it and it can already been seen happening around us. We know this, we talk about it, but we won't change it because it's not really our problem and we prefer having luxury in our lives, we prefer going forward and not look back. We, too would need some very powerful force that doesn't hesitate to do what is necessary to make sure earth is habitable even after a thousand more years... even if it means killing half of our population.

Of course this is nothing to be taken seriously, but in a computer game, I could see Order of Nature acting like this kind of police force.
Tekstone, i was actually thinking of some sort of "teaming" with them myself, but knowing that there are some certain playerhaters, its sadly impossible.
It has nothing to do with our players or you being in Nature. Hell, if you decided to one day join Tekstone, I'd be there to welcome you.

About teaming up: I've sometimes played with the thought as well, but then again the one and only purpose of Tekstone, their ultimate goal is to bring down Gaea. Granted, Tekstone doesn't really care about nature itself, the animals, the trees and oceans, for Tekstone it doesn't matter if it triumphs or dies. They are tools we sometime use and corrupt just to hurt Gaea so if paired up with Nature, we could easily stop harming the innocent poor animals...

However, if Tekstone was ever to team up with Gaea, it would be only to get closer to her in order to strike her down. At least that would be the reason in the beginning. Where it goes from there is a whole different story: Gaea has asked for Dennac's forgiveness before so perhaps she might think this is the the circle they can finally sign peace and let bygones be bygones. That could be the reason for Gaea to try to work with Dennac. Tekstone welcomes the co-operation with Nature allowing us to corrupt you and finally strike down Gaea. Where all this RP would lead remains a mystery, maybe if you play your cards right Dennac could find it in his heart to forgive Gaea, if he sees her more useful as his ally than a dead sister.

It would be nice, it could be fun, and it is definitely something new that has never been tried before due to people being so stuck with old habits unable to see any different approaches to RP. However, sadly, even if you see it, even if I see it, 95% of the shard won't admit to see it as good RP and is against it solely to the reasons it has always been like this the past decade. They don't realize that all wars end eventually either to your victory, your demise or peace... and why not eventually even alliance. Even gods can forgive, even gods can admit they were wrong and change their mind.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

well, you can say nature is not "balanced", but we will definately not be able to change nature. it's just bigger than us. we can kill ourselves lol, but not nature. we can at best change it.

anyways, i would think that nature tek alliance could be good for the rp of the shard. of course, it needs to be extremely well though and stuff.and i really don't know how would it last. gaea could really want to be with dennac and be friends forever. but what about dennac?if he changes, then what is the role of tekstone?...sadly (but there's a reason though), our 4 gods are pretty much static and so our goals are also somewhat fixed. if we could change our gods like that, then our rites would need to change all the time, and every religion would just be another group, there wouldn't be (or atleast not necessarily) something that would distinguish it
Darian Darkmind

That's true, if Dennac forgives Gaea and starts to build a new world together, the role of Tekstone would change as well. We would no longer be a tool of vengeance. Luckily, when it comes to RP the possibilities are as endless as your own imagination. Gaea and Dennac are the only true gods, Winchester and Esuna are lesser gods, in fact not even real gods rather than some strong spirits. Maybe Dennac and Gaea, once they put their own differences aside, decide to take their own world back and excommunicate both Winchester and Esuna from their world. After all, this is a world built by Gaea and Dennac's mother and as such belong to the family... and not to some false gods with their kings. The war between Dennac and Gaea has allowed people to go astray, to find peace and comfort from kings and other gods, but once the war is over, this is something I could see the two real gods trying to change... they want their people back.

But yeah, I don't see this one happening any time soon but it's always fun to think about the different possibilities.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Yes, the topic is about Nature decoration. Do continue with that.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

If your RP is good enough to support the fact you have a stuffed head on your wall, then so be it.

I hate the RP idea of Nature loving fluffy animals, I see it a bit differently, as people have said, the control of balance - more so the killing of necromancers and destruction of Tekstone whilst ridding the world of monsters and plague.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Basicly it's up to Order of Nature and not the rest. This Poll should be on the Nature forum. You decide your own religion.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2