Quivers

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How should quivers work?

1) Add more weight to ammunation, a quiver nullifies their weight
60%
2) New restriction: Shooting ammunation mounted requires a quiver
40%

Total votes: 35

Glarundis

Re: Quivers

Post by Glarundis »

just a thought.
if they're always needed, but they are also really cheap, why are we creating this item anyway?
just for the bowyers?and if so, do you think it will boost them to what they need?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Well, lets say the cheapest models are cheap.

If they're mandatory, they'll be bought tens at a time.
If they're optional, they'll be bought maybe 1-2 at a time - or 0.

So ofc these things are tied to manufacturing. There's a clear market, but it all depends on... well, the players.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Tough one!

*Undecided*
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Who would craft these? I personally see these as a leather item, so they could give certain attributes depending on the hide type. Would also look good with the colors of hides. So not really a boost to bowyer, in the way it works in wearing it i only see it as a slight nerf if its mandatory, i would make it so that all classes with 85+ archery could wear it. Also the bonuses wouldn't need to be huge, yet good enough as it would be taking cloak slot also.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

So uh what about the people with cloths in that slot? I can't afford carrying around arrows with more weight...
632-140-419
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

KrondorZuula wrote:Who would craft these? I personally see these as a leather item, so they could give certain attributes depending on the hide type. Would also look good with the colors of hides. So not really a boost to bowyer, in the way it works in wearing it i only see it as a slight nerf if its mandatory, i would make it so that all classes with 85+ archery could wear it. Also the bonuses wouldn't need to be huge, yet good enough as it would be taking cloak slot also.
Boris wrote: We have an extra layer to use, so a quiver can be used at the same time with a cloak...... boost bowyer markets if they're mandatory....

- Boris
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Yeah biggs okay, so what about the rest of my post? they are still going to have a very small use, and having bowyers make them doesn't make any sense to me? a wooden box thing on your back? the hell? they should be made of hide.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Maybe tailors and bowyers can both be needed to make them, driving up their price? Kind of like the compilation for wands.
632-140-419
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Vaux27 wrote:Maybe tailors and bowyers can both be needed to make them, driving up their price? Kind of like the compilation for wands.
also making them to complex and less desirable... trust me you dont want it... I voted option 2, but I still think they should be for RP only purpose.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Back to your history lessons. Nothing special about wooden quivers. If you want the strap to be created from normal hide, sure - but it won't boost up the price.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.