Best. poet. evar.

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Lily Shiar

Re: Best. poet. evar.

Post by Lily Shiar »

Now that was a stopping poet... Thanks Iktomi.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Glarundis wrote:
Iktomi wrote:aristoteles, socrates, pitagoras
I think you meant, Aristotle, Socrates and Pythagoras :ugeek:
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

Huh i actualy agree with glar to some degree. But music should be viewed as manifestation of social conditions:) remember realy enjoying aristotle in general but laughing my ass off to plato...that cave thing is soo enlightening maaan :) anyway platos take on music actualy involves cencorship. Right from the begining of the republic he says that any poetry or music about gods shouldnt reflect human like actions. Insted they should be more divine saints that should inspire us to be like. Later on most of platos writing become context for the development of christianity. But then again ancient greeks practiced little messed up father kid relations and write poems such as zeus having sex with women in form of a... Bull.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
Glarundis wrote:
Iktomi wrote:aristoteles, socrates, pitagoras
I think you meant, Aristotle, Socrates and Pythagoras :ugeek:
lol sorry, i didn't even realize i was writing the names in portuguese, i just wrote them and that was that :D
Andoriel wrote:Right from the begining of the republic he says that any poetry or music about gods shouldnt reflect human like actions. Insted they should be more divine saints that should inspire us to be like. Later on most of platos writing become context for the development of christianity.
true, atleast to some extent, direct or indirectly, there is influence on the first big "thinkers" of christianity. i'm right now reading st augustine (augustine of hippo) "confessions", and he says a bit what plato says there, not about music, but about epic stories (iliad, aeneid alnd such). but you get a bit of the same with nietzsche and the apollonian and dionysian. but remember that st augustine was maniqueist before he became a christian, so all of that follows the same line of thought. maniqueism was influenced by christianism and greek philosophy, plato's world of ideas and world of flesh, etc etc, and then maniqueism also influenced in turn st augustine which influenced christianity, etc etc [insert philosophical discussion] xD

i haven't yet read plato's republic, but i got here waiting on the list of "important" books to read
Ares

Post by Ares »

Wtf does that have to do with anything.. Stay on topic and take your circlejerk to it's own thread.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

İts kinda related but ohh well, ok bro.
Glar if i ever come to portugal we are siting down for a chat, beers are on me.