Best. poet. evar.

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Kent Strider

Re: Best. poet. evar.

Post by Kent Strider »

Good message, loved it and passed it along, if only more people could understand things like this.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

İ actualy enjoyed it very much. İts a good break from mostly selfish love poems, insted it focuses on struggle to live.
Zendrick

Post by Zendrick »

Iktomi you are Canadian too!! do you know bill?
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Mike wrote:
Monad wrote:
Mike wrote:Nice drawnings, couldn't get into the message.
It's called empathy.
Having too much is self-destructive.
Most people don't have too much empathy, those are mostly fakes and the way they act is called socially desirable.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
Mike wrote:those are mostly fakes and the way they act is called socially desirable.

Amen brothar.
Charha

Post by Charha »

I must be a huge douchebag because when porkchops were mentioned... Well, this is what I was thinking, instinctively.

I've also noticed that I start squirming uncomfortably whenever there's a message delivered by, say, a crescendo of exhausted pathos while some melancholy piano tune plays on the background. I get this feeling like... "Okay, okay. I get it, but not while I'm eating, please". It might have something to do with the fact I'm Finnish and really cynical about everything. But that's just me. I know it takes guts to talk about emotional stuff.

And it goes without saying that I hate bullying. Kids are regrettably often very stupid and they hurt each other because they don't realize that they're being selfish jerks. But what really pisses me off is when grown-up people team up and bully their co-workers, totally forgetting that they're not in the 3rd grade anymore. That kind of behavior just makes me lose faith in humanity.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Best poet evah = Robert Burns

Besides Shakespeare he is one of a few poets called "The Bard" in their homeland.

Every new years people sing one of his poems "Auld Lang Syne" and don't even realize it.

and nothing beats reading one of his poems with the Gaelic accent kickin.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

I forgot those old GI Joe videos! Gold!

I have to agree with ya Charha, it's a bit manipulative to be using music to influence emotion like that.

Like beer commercials using nationalism to sell beer!

His written stuff is generally awesome as well, and typically not about emotional stuff necessary.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Iktomi wrote:I have to agree with ya Charha, it's a bit manipulative to be using music to influence emotion like that.
submit to the power of music, that's what!
unfortunately ppl "pick it up from somewhere" and use it however they like

it's not for no reason that music was seen as highly important and educational in ancient civilizations and philosophy schools. aristoteles, socrates, pitagoras, and a lot more greek guys can tell you bit how powerful it was from their point of view, and it goes all the way to more recent philosophy
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Charha wrote:I must be a huge douchebag because when porkchops were mentioned... Well, this is what I was thinking, instinctively.

I've also noticed that I start squirming uncomfortably whenever there's a message delivered by, say, a crescendo of exhausted pathos while some melancholy piano tune plays on the background. I get this feeling like... "Okay, okay. I get it, but not while I'm eating, please". It might have something to do with the fact I'm Finnish and really cynical about everything. But that's just me. I know it takes guts to talk about emotional stuff.

And it goes without saying that I hate bullying. Kids are regrettably often very stupid and they hurt each other because they don't realize that they're being selfish jerks. But what really pisses me off is when grown-up people team up and bully their co-workers, totally forgetting that they're not in the 3rd grade anymore. That kind of behavior just makes me lose faith in humanity.

I forgot about that video, epic memory.

Well said on everything else also.