Like, 3D stuff... and things

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Boern

Re: Like, 3D stuff... and things

Post by Boern »

I guess I'll never understand people... :P Anyway, I might try my hand on that if I find some time. Don't set your expectations sky high though!

Alright, I promised to tackle that short film challenge. I don't know if this qualifies as a one so let it be a teaser trailer then. It's just a quick set up and render with pretty much the worst possible settings (hence the graininess) to test things out. Well, I say a quick render but it still took my poor computer some 8 hours to render it all. Oh and don't mind the broken textures. I was hoping the video editor would fix things up but then I realised that I was the video editor too. Shit!

Enjoy and I'm sorry in advance!
Dun dun dun!
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Thats gonna be so awesome.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Hahaha that short teaser film was awesome, nice work!
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Yeah good job on that animation!
Boern

Post by Boern »

Wow, what a great audience. Ha, cheers guys!

I have no idea where to go next with that. I would like to try some high quality renderings but I know I don't have the patience for that. I'll have to see...
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

awesome teaser! Scary ass mofo teddy heh
Boern

Post by Boern »

Clowns got nothing on teddies when it comes to creepiness!

I got ma gears rollin' yo! Boring? It's exciting to me, damnit! I tried some better settings and yeah, this two second clip took me five hours to render. And then I turned it into a gif which negates all the quality advantages that there might have been for rendering it for so long. Time well spent. Also testing out specular maps (some parts of the texture has more 'shine' than others) and depth of field camera effects. Neato!

*Big gif warning*
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

wow that looks awesome so far!

ive redesigned my website the past couple days.. i guess it can be considered art too =p

im not sure if id still want to use the gear idea for the home page since i kinda like the theme i ended up with.. but im still working on it.

glad you are having fun, looks real cool
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Both of those are great! The gears almost look like clay lol but I do like.

Great job with the site Bestia, it looks better than some other professional websites I've seen.
Boern

Post by Boern »

Ah that's cool Bestia. I must agree that the website is looking damn fine as it is now. Good job with it, even if it is that of modern style!

Clay, you say Daren? I was trying to go with rust and dust but oh well, I'm fine with clay too. :P

Extra dragon ...of sorts... to brighten the day.