Like, 3D stuff... and things

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Boern

Re: Like, 3D stuff... and things

Post by Boern »

Hai guys, I just modeled a cheetah. Cute!

I also made a plane. But not just any plane, it's a Brewster or a Ryysteri. I had a blast flying this in IL2: Forgotten Battles. It was small, slow and fugly but damn did it manouver like a beast.

I made it just to try out working and texturing with UV-maps. It's quite fun but it definitely takes its time trying to paint and line up everything, even with a simple skin like this. I also had a bash on some bump maps and things but eh... no regrets! Oh and the cockpit canopy was pain to make and it still looks like ass. I might go back and work on it but knowing myself, I probably won't. :P

Towards new challenges, hooooo!
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Those swastikas should be black!

Looks nice, the plane that is.

The cheetah, needs a little help, looks as though he is from a cartoon and just swallowed a cylindrical object and his body is just shaped like the object he swallowed :D
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Those swastikas should be black!
No they shouldn't. It's a Finnish Air Force insignia during 1918–1945.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Finla ... border.svg
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I see!

Learn something new everyday. :D
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Boern

Post by Boern »

The interesting thing is that the Finnish insignias were actually censored in the IL-2 games, which is kind of strange for a historical simulator as the insignia had no association with the nazi sign.

I guess a swastika is a swastika and the symbol still carries such emotional weight that they decided to leave it out and avoid any possible controversy. Understandable, really. Me, on the other hand, I'm all about that controversy so I decided to slap it on there. :P
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Well the swastika was in use and has remained in use well before/after the rise and fall of the Third Reich. Sadly people can't put personal or rather public guilt/sorrow aside.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

It's not uncommon to see Swastikas in use all of the place. For example there are a decent number in the Hagia Sofia here in Istanbul.
Boern

Post by Boern »

Yeah Cyrus and Iktomi, I believe it's been used as a symbol of luck since the early days.

Ayhoo, lads! It's tyme to heave up the anchor and hoist yer shanties! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvccU-JeKyk&t=49m56s)
Cause we be piratin' tonight with our shiny new boomsticks.

Gosh that flintlock. Quite the cool system but did it cause some headache. I hate making little bits and pieces. It's difficult to make them look good, same with flat surfaces. Materials are what they are, meh! It begs for properly mapped and custom made textures but ain't nobody got the time (skills) for that!
Boern

Post by Boern »

Here's a few quick ones made at school. We advance at such rapid pace that I'm having troubles to keep up so there's not much polish in these. :I

Is there a 3D modeller who has never made car rims? I doubt it! Now that it's done, never again.

We had to make a snowy scene and yes, that's lego Gandalf dressed up as Santa. Reuse all the assets! I also may or may not have fixed the holes to his feet. I guess you'll never know, mwhahah!

Some basic character modeling. Squeal piggy, squeal!

It's... ALIVEEE. Stuff that nightmares are made of!
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

haha wagner so cool
291-697-526