Like, 3D stuff... and things

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Like, 3D stuff... and things

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Awesome I fully expect to see a 3D movie of some UO scene, you could be the CEO of Pangxar!

All the UO characters could be represented by Lego people.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
dwight

Post by dwight »

Why don't you design creatures for us in UO? :D
Boern

Post by Boern »

Heh, I guess I could try my hand on an ogre or something... fugly creatures and items are my area of expertise, yeah.

Pangxar sounds amazing! Hmmh, I need someone to do some motion capture acting for me though. LARPers, come out from your holes, you are needed!
Percy

Post by Percy »

I have a funny feeling people will be asking you to do 3D versions of their characters. Just like everyone asked Charha to do drawings.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Boern

Post by Boern »

Yah right, totally. There's just the small difference that she's a hardcore professional artist and I have more of a kid-in-a-candyshop kind of deal with this thing.

I mean, I'm willing to mutilate your loved characters into three dimensional horrors but you should know that I feel no pity for the end result. :twisted:
Boern

Post by Boern »

Duuu du duu duu duu duu duu duu duuuuu du du du duuu du du du du du du

I wanted to build a proper rig and do some sweet animations for this fella but fudge me, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Distortions, distortions everywhere! So now he's just standing in a pose. I need to find a proper rigging tutorial or something.

This is how most of my projects seem to be going lately. Starting with high hopes and expectations but then...

Frustrating to say the least.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Dude.. These are great! :!:
Boern

Post by Boern »

Thanks Daren, really appreciated.

Now for something completely different! I just found my old photobucket account again and oh boy. I don't know if you've heard of the Order of the Stick (http://www.giantitp.com/Comics.html pretty funny webcomic, check it out) but people on their forums would request avatars made in 'OotS style' so I made a few for funsies back in da day. I think they're still pretty cute and is there a person who doesn't like stick figures? I didn't think so!

They were originally saved in shitty gif quality so the transparency looks all jagged if they're not against white. I know you guys' poor virgin eyes can't handle jaggies so I added little white backgrounds.

Anyhoooo...

Yes, my avatar is one of them. I don't remember who I made this for so I just stole it for myself. *thumbs up*

These three were from some people's DnD(I think?) game. Oh those character descriptions I had to read... Cool, roast pork is his favorite food but how's it going to help me with this?

Mind flayers are dapper. Mind flayers with monocles are dapperer (yes, that is a word, I checked).

If I could choose to be any animal in the world, angry flying platypus would be pretty high up there. Aren't they poisonous too?

Oh god, this one. I remember even leaving out half the details that were in the refrence picture! Some Final Fantasy character, I've no clue.

Some random knightly character.

Can't remember what's this guy's story. Bad influence with smokes and guns, that much is sure.

I haven't actully read the comic in years. I guess it's time to catch back up!
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

DAT AIRMAN! So cool. Megaman 2 for life.
Boern

Post by Boern »

Cheers tehsquish! Megaman 2 4 lyfe indeed. Although I don't think I ever beat it since I suck at vidya games. One day... one day...

Alright, enough fun and games and back to work. I found a decent tutorial for CAT rigging but it's still giving me some major headaches. After some time of banging my head into a wall, I did manage to get my duder to walk, so that's good. Making a humanoid character was probably a bad idea since it strikes the eye immediately if something looks a bit off. Oh well!

(gif quality, shield your eyes)

A bit forced and not a very menacing stroll but it's a start. It also still has some glitches which I hid from view with clever camerawork (you can still see them in the shadow, shit!). Now if I only knew how to make some clothes that'd be great. It can get cold in the post-apocalyptic world with all sorts of radiation storms and acid rains, yeah.