Like, 3D stuff... and things

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Zaradon

Re: Like, 3D stuff... and things

Post by Zaradon »

Is there anyone who can tweak videos? I'd really love to put some PvM videos on the web-page.

And foremost, very awesome working there Boern.
Sane Burkz

Post by Sane Burkz »

I can do some basic editing if that's what your asking but maybe there is someone here with a more artistic vein to do the job?
Striker

Post by Striker »

some of my works:

Boern

Post by Boern »

Man, those are awesome! I don't even want to imagine how much work it takes to make full scenes like those.

Got to love them Smart Cars, too. :p
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

That chessboard is fu*king amazing :O
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Much like

Those are so wow.

But really you should put those on your portfolio and apply for a video game design position! (If you aren't already that is)
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this super easy compared to making the textures and animations and shit for games?

to me it's still hard as hell though lol
Striker

Post by Striker »

Thx guys ;) I'm learning 3d graphics for like 2 years now, but still my skills are insufficient to work as a professional 3d artist. Much to train I have.

Glar - textures ain't that hard. But animations are. It's difficult as hell to set a proper rigging.
Boern

Post by Boern »

Glarundis wrote:correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this super easy compared to making the textures and animations and shit for games?

to me it's still hard as hell though lol
Weeellll... when making models to games, you have to take into account that everything needs to be rendered in real time. And of course that crazy game designer wants to have thousands of orcs and dragons on screen simultaneously which means that your models have to be light i.e. low in polygon count and preferrably without geometrical glitches. So you basically have less polygons to use to make your models look good, which can make it tricky.

Yeah, texturing is texturing. It shouldn't really change much when making them to games. Of course you want to have your textures as compressed as possible to save resources again and you can do some clever tricks with textures to make it look like your models are more complex than what they actually are.

Animating is a whole another field of art. That's why in all a bit bigger studios you have designated animators who do just that, rigging and animating. There's always the jazz of implementing animations into a game but I don't know much about that, got to leave something for the coders to do, right right?

Anyway, on our 3D-modelling course we imported our piggies to Unity (easy to use game enging) and into a ready-made scene and it was surprising simple. We got our Wagners run around and do somersaults in no time.
Boern

Post by Boern »

We had to make a character for the class and give it some animations. So lo and behold... a hero is born on the meadows.

He can do all sorts of awesome things like:

-walk

-hit things with his sword

and uhh... that's about it. Well what else do you need?