Developing a UO style MMORPG

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Raegen Keenarrow

Re: Game Development - Mash-up

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

*EDIT*

Deleted because of Photobucket's secret sudden changes.
Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raegen Keenarrow

*EDIT*

Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raegen Keenarrow

*EDIT*

Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raegen Keenarrow

*EDIT*

Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raegen Keenarrow

Long story short, pulling out due to family health issues. So I've removed all videos.
Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Make it so that the grass doesn't sway all at once, atleast I'd recommend that. The grass movement was really disorienting especially when 90% of the screen was of the grass. I mean you know how spinning around in a spot messes your balance and you'll start feeling sick, it causes similar feeling.

Otherwise it looks fairly nice, though you've got still long way to go probably.
Raegen Keenarrow

Well that's good to know. Thanks for the info. I don't want people to be feeling sick when it comes to playing. Are you talking about the 2nd video? Yeah I just started learning about animating it through alpha vertex and using Unity's self animation methods. That was my first attempt and I agree that it looks weird though it didn't make me feel nauseous. I planned on adjusting it to feel a bit better as I felt it was swaying too hard. Not sure if I can make it blow in different directions or have it not blow all at once. That is just how Unity does it and I see no settings to make it act differently than that. I can adjust it to not move so harshly though by lowering the numbers used in the alpha vertex's in 3DS Max so it's not as noticeable. Other than that without scripts (which is my brothers department) I'm stuck using the default for wind effects. I'll see if there is an asset in the Unity Store to help with that though for future needs. This is just my own test scene. I give my assets to my brother when they are done and working as intended who adds to our "real" game world. So he's got a lot more to display than I show in my own scenes. You are correct though, I've got a long ways to go yet. I find myself working solo 99% of the time as he has various projects of his own he also works on and sometimes picks up work for others.

Thanks again for the feedback. Helps me to become better at it.

P.S -- Oh I read your comment wrong so I'll fix my post up a bit.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Second video was not as bad, but atleast for me it was kind of disorienting still. It is just the fact that there is supposed to be static element like the ground, but all the grass is swaying all at once making it seem like the whole screen is swaying. I don't know how to describe it better, but better wind effects would sure fix that. I mean if wind would actually blow over the grass so that it makes "waves" like it'd really do would probably fix the whole problem.

But yeah, good luck with making progress it seems like fairly interesting project.
Raegen Keenarrow

My brother tells me that the Enviro tool he has does better wind effects, so I'll just have to wait and see how it looks once it gets setup in his Unity scene. I haven't given him the files yet though as I'm working on a couple more assets before I send them all his way. Hopefully we are able to achieve random effects like you suggest though so it doesn't all blow at once and in the same direction. I would like to see that myself even. Once I finish working on the environment aspect of it, I'll get back to designing more buildings and town props again to fit the art style of the surrounding environment. I won't go so crazy with grass in my next video and will have more on scene to help tone that down a bit. I'll need to purchase the same tools he uses so I can have a better understanding of how it'll look in the end myself without having to get him to import and set it all up in his scene. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts because I'm a strong believer in listening to peoples advice. Especially if they might possibly be a potential player down the road and it helps shape a better product.