Developing a UO style MMORPG

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Raegen Keenarrow

Developing a UO style MMORPG

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

UPDATE - 12/13/2019

I regret to announce that after finding out some news of a family illness, I'll be removing myself from this project entirely. At least for a good long while as I'll be needing an increased income. Meaning a new job for the meantime. My father goes for more blood work next week, but he informed me of the consequences such as his liver, kidney and pancreas failing among other things that may go wrong and his iron count is too high.

On top of this I've recently discovered Unity made some changes to their Lightmapping, removing the Lightmapper I was using or deprecating it meaning no more updating or support in the future for it. Forcing me to use their Experimental Lightmapper until a full release. Which my GeForce GTX 770 couldn't perform the Lightmap Baking on due to it's early stages. Also, it nearly cost my CPU and one of my 8 Gig sticks of RAM started having issues. So I've decided to pull out at least for now before I lost another PC and all my work with it again. I've been taking down all my advertising until I am able to get to working on it again. I'll build a new PC first as this one's 6 years old anyway.

My brother and I were secretly putting together a playable mediaeval survival game with building/crafting in it. Like Rust or Hurtworld. Only we were adding dungeons for a more PvE aspect to go with the PvP and our weapons were of a different genre. All this sprung up once my package submission was declined for a couple reasons and now I've got a website to also build first anyways. But we realized combining our stuff together we had enough assets to release a playable game that we could keep adding more features to as we purchased more or I made more of my own to add. It would have had both PvE and PvP as features. My brother was just fixing the character animations for implementing on his end. We were hoping to use this for funding the production of our MMORPG if it succeeded well enough. We just had some things to get finished before putting it together on my brothers project with his advanced tools and features that I do not own on my computer or Unity account. It would have been simple and easy at start with the more advanced features being added. Such as a more advanced massive player crafting system that we've always wanted no matter what game we put out first. Once I finished a few more things things on my end I could have started building the world environment for him to implement on his system afterwards if I wanted. Life gets in the way sometimes though so for now the project is put on hold.

Maybe life will take another turn. It's all I can hope for right now. But in the worse case I try to save what money I can to buy assets if needed so we can keep this going now that all my times going to be taken away. We've spent too long on this already.
Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Raegen Keenarrow

Re: Digital Arts - Concept Art

*EDIT*

Deleted because of Photobucket's secret sudden changes.
Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raegen Keenarrow

Re: Digital Arts - Concept Art

*EDIT*

Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zaradon

Re: Game Development - Mash-up

Post by Zaradon »

Very nice work there.
Raegen Keenarrow

*EDIT*

Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raegen Keenarrow

*EDIT*

Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

You really love to design half-naked female chars don't you? :shock:

But hey, great tuning there.

Altough, one of the houses has a roof which looks like it would crumble any minute.
Raegen Keenarrow

lol yeah the little farm house I believe you're talking about. =P I didn't model those 3D character models, was just showing what we do have that we could use too that my brother had purchased online. ^^
Last edited by Raegen Keenarrow on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Nice work!
Raegen Keenarrow

Thanks. While I'll admit I'm a noob at it yet and need much improvement, I've made a lot of progress since I first started. Nothing really solid foundation-wise. Just testing my skills at various sorts of art styles for game development. Though most of my work is found on my Facebook page which can be found Here for those interested.

All my experience and learning comes thanks to the power of Google and YouTube Tutorials. If only I pursued this path when I was younger.