Idea for our own Pangaea music files

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Raegen Keenarrow

Idea for our own Pangaea music files

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

Here is a concept of mine that I've been tinkering with as of late while I've been unable to get the classic renaissance music working with my game client. Anyone remember listening to Minoc Music while mining the cave floors back in UO Renaissance days? Now I'm not entirely sure if this is the exact same one or if it's a new version of it, but it sounded something similar to this at the least.

Mine mine mine. All day long. Mine mine mine, while I'm singing this song. ~ You know who you are and I remember your lyrics to this day. You should have pursued this as a career man. You'd be hella rich and retired by now! Hahaha!

So back to the topic. During the last 2 years with my exploration of my own game design projects and with my previous past of interest in music in general through the use of FL Studio, I got thinking that while I'll have to design my own game music regardless unless I want to pay someone else to do it and even then they may sell the rights off to someone else as well. I'd rather keep the music in my game, to my game and face no future lawsuits or court hassles from other people who purchased the same music. So I got thinking that maybe I'll start off by making my own midi music that I can have play through my UO client as I'm gaming here. I just want to know if there is any interest from others out there, who would like to see something like this come to Pangaea? I'd be willing to offer it all for free to offer something back to the community that could also help to make this server, our baby... unique from everyone else. Any ideas? I know people probably just shut down the UO music and play their own via YouTube or something. I just thought I'd ask in case there are others out there who still use the UO music while they play.

Also for those who do take any interest in this, what style of music and instrument types would you like to see added? Any specific category or genre that you's may have in mind? Or shall I just wing it and see what sounds good. Flute's, harp's, piano's, drum's etc. Nothing new age. Trying to keep it in the similar atmosphere as in the Ultima Online world. If I see enough interest in it, it may help to motivate me on kicking my ass in shape to do it. It's time consuming and I'm not a professional by any means. So it's not like it'll be done in a week, two or three. I've got other commitments to fulfill as well. I'm just curious if anyone would like something like this for the Pangaean Community.
Gorath Blackmind

Re: Idea for our own Pangaea music files

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

I'd love to get some immersive in-game music, something medieval and upbeat. Usually I stick to NWA, Meshuggah and Fear Factory, so change would be nice! :>
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

I play silently but I would check out the music you have.
Evander

Post by Evander »

This is how i have done my background music 8-)

Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Nice looking place! : O
Raegen Keenarrow

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

Nice set up.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I submit this for fight music.

TOS fight theme
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman