Dinking around with POL

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Dinking around with POL

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Class system now pretty much functional, will work on the skill gain rates and retrieving skill and stat caps tomorrow through the next coming days.

When a character first enters the world, it will wipe all skills, stats and equipped clothing from the character.

Then the player runs through these gumps, note I added multiple images of the skill selection gump to display the tooltip work I use to limit the amount of block text involved which is kind of a bore to read through on websites or in gumps, though obviously I do like in character type descriptions of classes so I have those.
Character Class Selection Gumps

Once this process is finished, in the order the gumps appear for the most part barring of course the multiple images I have of the skill selection gump, the character's skills and stats they chose are awarded and a new set of clothing will then be equipped and any items the character will start with will be placed in their backpack.

I opted for different outfits for classes to emulate one aspect of D&D where, while it was really pointless in that game, each class started out with a different set of clothing or equipment. I am going to probably start out most of the classes with ring save for the caster classes which will receive leather but they will each have their own relatively unique clothing outfit they will receive as well and some gold. Unsure of if I want to award items dependent on the skills the player chose in the character creation process but it is something definitely to think about.

Hope you all enjoy!
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Items are awarded based on class not on skill selection. I took the lazy way out on this one. :o

Skill caps as far as from a player's point of view work the same as Pangaea's, but from a technical behind the scenes very different. It was important to me to utilize as much of the default ui as possible and to keep custom properties (CProps) down to a minimum. So instead of storing an array of skill caps on the player like Pangaea does, I make use of the built in ability to set skill and stat caps on the character which allows players to view their skill caps in game via the skill journal and it's show caps toggle button.

The class system is 100% complete save for alchemists not having all their skills defined and inquisitors.

-----
Finished the Banner deed hump last night, gives players access to all 36 single piece banners, all 9 double piece banners and all 13 triple part banners.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Began working on rewriting the guild system, basically redoing the gumps and putting in features such as buying guild colors which will allow the guild master to buy guild colors through the guild gump IF the guild meets the minimum requirement. I planned to finish this but ran into a technical issue I'm not sure how to solve which is the sorting of the guild member list and I'm just not knowledgeable enough to go about how to best handle this.

-----------
My intention to begin on a religion faction based system is still in limbo, trying to fit in where a religion system fits into a script base that never had one and more importantly a complete redesign of how religions work on other shards I've played is tricky. I don't like the idea of religions being the on the pedestal that they were on here on Pangaea hence my goal to put in a better system using a faction style religion system which in my mind is a better merging of the religions and guilds, however, logistically I need to sit down with people and throw ideas against them on how certain things should work, I want to have a road plan for putting in a town control system and a town take over system instead of those being mere after thoughts.

So that's where I'm at toward the big project but I've got a bunch of other important projects I need to get done such as druid book and necro book so I'm going to start on those here shortly and put religions on the back burner to collect my thoughts and people's ideas. If you've got any feedback I'm always open to suggestions.