Writing.

This is where you can post your own creative products. Stories - music - whatever you can think of. Remember - the rules of this forum still aplies.

Moderator: Game Masters

Uzriel Raven

Writing.

Post by Uzriel Raven »

Plain Jane

How you vex me so is beyond me, my sweet. Out of the many flawless countenance I've gazed upon, why you? Clearly you're of the simple variety. But how I'm drawn to you! I yearn to know your name, your favorite color. I want to say blue. Your aqua hoodie, faded as it is, only makes me endear you more. I watch you browse books, plucking from the shelf three. I love to read as well, my eyes continue to dwell. I admit, my greedy pupils stole a glance a little too far south. How I long to steal you away from this place, if only for a brief moment. But a coward I am, as I stare at your wavy tresses, lingering on the hairs that refuse to be tamed. How cute. My burnette beauty, you turn in my direction. I pretend I wasn't looking, we both sense the lie. From the corner of my shifting eye, I took a glance, caught a glimpse of your lovely brown eyes. Just so you know, I love your glasses, even your freckles. So why do I hesitate? I keep telling my legs to step in your direction, but firmly planted they are.

Coward! Fool! Idiot!

My plain jane, as you slip away, my world goes gray. Heart screaming, gut burning, my brain only manages the useless.

Excuses.

She's probably too young.
I don't actually care.

She'll just say no.
Now I'll never know.

You'll meet more.
But I want her.

You round the corner, I give chase, only to see your mother's face. I lose my nerve, turn away. I tell myself I'll see your plain beauty another day.

What a lie.

How it hurts.
Houston

Re: Writing.

Post by Houston »

Any comments allowed?

If so, nice one.