PangRunUO Update - 17/07/2014

General information concerning the shard / Server
Iktomi

PangRunUO Update - 17/07/2014

Post by Iktomi »

I know I've sucked at keeping everyone updated on progress, so will aim to do at least some sort of update every 7-10 days!

Based on my last posts, we're going to go ahead and set the following goals:
- mid-August - open basic testing area with the necessary tools for players to test the classes, PvM, PvP, etc. and provide feedback on what needs to be changed to keep the Pangaea feel
- mid-September - complete initial launch of stripped down shard (no religion or heightened system yet)
- October 31st - assuming we haven't launched by this point (and depending on progress and motivation of the team) abandon project and hand keys to Boris (or someone else), so they can continue PangPOL.

Our core team includes:
- *Palma - lead programmer and temporary server host
- Kontrol - lead programmer
- Ert - lead tester
- Iktomi - guidance to programmers, general jack-of-all-trades

Other team members:
- Hilda - programming support
- Dawn, Dante, Mox, Kevin - ideas, GM duties once shard goes live
- Dargon - world spawning
- At least one other programmer (who I know from JE)) who has been contributing code and may begin programming on a regular basis

* While I know that Palma may be a controversial team member, he has the C# skills, RunUO coding experience and ability to temporarily host the server that we needed. While I trust him fully for this role, his participation as a GM/programmer is exclusively in relation to the PangRunUO project, and he does not have GM access to the forums or the PangPOL code or data.

As I mentioned in the "New Blood" post, once we've been able to assess how fast progress is in terms of spawning, we may look to take on additional players to assist in this role.

Next update - comparison of class changes.