The Wayfarers

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Thoran

The Wayfarers

Post by Thoran »

Gladly I can announce that the guild that some of you might remember as the helping hand for newcomers is back in action. Together with the The Britannian Trade Union we aim to aid as much as we can. We will be handing out the care packages and generally help all in need.

The guildhouse is currently under construction, and is located just north of the Britain stables.

Im currently forming the rules and guidlines for our members and in the near future we will be able to start recruiting people that are ready to help those in need. All classes will be welcome, though we encourage the merchants to join the Trade Union.

On this same occasion I inform that I would wish to speak with the current leaders of each religion regarding relations with our guild as we aim to stay neutral at all situations.

*signed*
Thoran Ravenwing
Guildmaster of The Wayfarers
651-729-805
Biggs

Re: The Wayfarers

Post by Biggs »

Greetings,

It fills my soul with joy with this news I would very much like to take part in the mission the newly refounded guild is embarking on .

- Viven O'Hie, and ex-leader of the helping hand.
Shalinn

Post by Shalinn »

Hello, Thoran Ravenwing.

I am more than glad to help you!
I´ll send a wolf with a message, so don´t be scared when you feel something is following you.

Sincerely,
Shalinn, druid of the woods.
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

The Wayfarers are acknowledged as a neutral guild.

I have succesfully held meetings with all religion leaders and we have agreed on several rules.
We will not partake in their wars, but we may hunt with and befriend anyone from their ranks.
We are allowed to befriend those of more unsavory nature as long as we dont partake in any criminal activity. I want to emphasise that this kind of friendship has risks and therefore I deem all members to be careful.
We are allowed to have members of any profession, including those who can speak with the dead. Though the usage of ceremonial robes is denied within the city walls.

*signed*
Thoran Ravenwing
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

This is a draft of the guidelines I have written for The Wayfarers. I leave them here, publicly to be seen, as our quild is for the people, and so shall our rules be molded by them. If you have suggestions or corrections to our code, let your voice be heard.

1. Aid the newcomers.
Tutor them and help them understand the wonders of our world. Help them in their training, and try to recover their equipment if they are lost to the beings of the wilderness.

2. Never do a criminal action.
Robberies or stealing is something we do not support. Murderers are not welcome within our ranks.

3. Do not partake in religious wars.
We may hunt, train and befriend we like. But in a scenario where you and your friend would meet a member of an opposing religion, you do not take any action towards any of them. No aiding, no fighting.

4. Dealing with robbers.
Try to convince them of our noble cause, and that we do not wish any harm to them. You are allowed to defend yourself, but you do not initiate hostile actions, nor will you chase them down or seek revenge.

5. Do not partake in manhunts.
Chasing the wanted criminals is not our work, and we do not wish to anger any of the criminal guilds.

On the same occasion I wish to inform that our recruitment is currently open. We wish to have all who are able to do their best in order to help the newcomers. All who wish to join can contact me in person, or send a pidgeon.

*signed*
Thoran Ravenwing
651-729-805
Charha

Post by Charha »

*After taking two wrong turns, a tanned woman finally approaches the boards, shaking her head and mumbling something about 'the shame of having to ask directions in her old home city'. She scribbles a note and pins it on the board, looking very pleased about it.*

On behalf of myself and my husband, Morgain Smith, the former guild master of The Wayfarers, I wish to express our gratitude and support to Thoran who has decided to revive the Wayfarer guild. We hope that the guild will attract many fine people who will continue to work for our good cause, helping newcomers whenever possible.

Me and Morgain have been long absent, and while we've had many great adventures together, we've mostly grown older instead of becoming wiser. It's good to know that our old guild and its ideals are now in good hands... I'm not sure if me and my man are much good for anything these days except for idle gossip and throwing the dice at the local alehouses, but we're hoping to soon see for ourselves all that Thoran has accomplished so far!

~Charha the Gypsy

Thoran

Post by Thoran »

I cant emphasise enough how much those words mean to me. I never believed that I could still bring hope to those that deserve it and that me, a barbarian from the woods of Yew would run a guild on my olden days. A guild that embraced me for I once was lost and without a cause. Countless feelings rush trough me, but nothing brings joy to me more than to hear from my oldest friends once more. You are the creators of this legacy. And you are the honorary members of this guild.

I believe at some point a feast of some sorts is at hand. For the guild itself is starting to grow larger day by day. Old members are returning. I'd say that this new start has been quite succesful. And I am quite sure that great things still are ahead of us. So again I ask of all able minded to join our cause.

*signed*
Thoran Ravenwing
Elu Daeron

Post by Elu Daeron »

* An old man walks up to the boards to add some scribblings of his own to the bunch. Well, he's not that old, really, though the bent back and the moldy scent from the folds of his cloak might indeed give that impression. He's got a beard though. He has always thought that beards are a sign of wisdom and maturity for older (or even middle-aged) males. *

Ahem, I'd like to say a few words, if I may! I have spent the last few months in a holiday retreat for druids, that is, in a great, big, lovely cave with a rather too low a ceiling. Imagine my surprise on my return when I found that not only had the glorious guild that is The Wayfarers been reinstated by someone I knew to be an absolutely marvelous fellow, Thoran Ravenwing, but our old gallant leaders, Morgain and Charha had made their return as well! I never could make myself to take steps to re-establish the guild that I had so dearly loved in times past. It was always entirely too much work for me. But now indeed someone else has done all the hard work without me having to lift a finger! Oh happy day!

It was with great pleasure that I today accepted once again the membership of this most revered of guilds. I look forward to assuming my duties once more as one who is there to help the newcomers to out lands and to point them to the right direction, whatever their desires from life may be. May the faring of ways be shared by all in a joyous display of colourful garments and smiling faces!

-Elu Daeron, Wayfarer druid
Garr Growen

Post by Garr Growen »

*After hearing that Wayfarers are up and running again Garr heads to Law temple to be excommunicated so he could join Wayfarers. Later the same day Thoran Ravenwing accepts Garr as he accepts all rules and is determined to serve Wayfarers just like in good old times! Garr's old friend Joseph Sanders helps out in writing a letter *

There be no more war against anyone, but robbers keep away!

Garr might be old and slow in riding a steed but still knows how to bash. He might be a bit silly old barbarian, who drank too much manavampire but his heart is still very kind and noble so don't mind if hes bad in: remembering things, remembering names, understanding your talk or in reading something. Hes super humanly strong and fairly ugly from ageing in dangerous duty, but yet very kind and completely harmless. Garr is helping all you new adventurers out there!

If you are in need of these following:

-strong arms for hunt or rescue missions
-someone to drink with
-someone to ask good training tips from

then
Contact Garr Growen, hes your man!
you may even try to contact his bird 570 226 554

*Anyone could see Garr didn't write the paper himself but the signature is obviously genuine*
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

We have recieved a second shipment of care packages form The Union Foundation. Anyone who is in need of some basic equipment can recieve it from The Wayfarer Guildhouse.

If there are no members at the house when you are in need of one, please send a bird to me, and I will handle the matter.

Also, we are still recruiting all who wish to join us. The past month of our return has been really succesful and we have gotten talented and strong people to our midst.

*signed*
Thoran Ravenwing
651'729'805