The Wayfarers

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Charha

Re: The Wayfarers

Post by Charha »

*a note is attached on the boards*

Due to recent health issues our beloved guildmaster Thoran Ravenwing has decided to take a break from running the guild for the time being. His right hand man and former guildmaster Morgain Smith will be assuming the guildmaster's duties until Thoran recovers. For any guild related matters please contact either Morgain (pigeon box #9180797) or his wife Charha (pigeon box #53803748). You can also leave a private note for us here at the message boards, and we'll get back to you.

Safe travels, friends! And remember that we are always looking for new recruits!

~Charha & Morgain Smith~
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

Dear friends, acquaintances and strangers.

As you may have heard I have been unable to run The Wayfarers for some time now. And in my stead Morgain and Charha have been running the guild. I feel obligated to inform what caused this change as I think of my occupation as public labour.

Roughly a month ago I suffered a heart attack. As I write this letter I realise how lucky I am to live to tell about it. With bed rest and excellent help of alchemist Ripkin and healer Darrine I am still here. So far I have had no further complications but I fear that I never will be as strong as I once was, this is something we all must face in time.

The Wayfarers have always been know for to help anyone in need, and mostly we have been known to give out equipment for starting adventurers. This indeed is something I wish to preserve, but as addition to that I would like that every elderly knows, that we have the means and will to help you as well.

What comes to my return is, that for now Morgain and Charha will still continue to deal with the running errands. And I hope that my health will soon be in such shape that I could continue the job that I so much care about.

*signed*
Thoran Ravenwing
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

Citizens of Britannia,

My last announcement on these boards concerned my health. I stepped down as the guildmaster of The Wayfarers as I was in for a long bed rest. A lot has changed after that, one of which is my health. Economical crisis, war and several other hardships have swept over the land. The world is in change; new religions and guilds are forming and it might feel that most of what was familiar is gone.

I'm glad to announce that The Wayfarers are here to bring back some feeling of familiarity. With few of our active members we have managed to gather enough funds for a new guildhouse. The interior is currently under construction and with the aid of benefactors like The De'Mauno Shop it will be completed promptly. We are able to resume our humble work sooner than I had anticipated, and this naturally means that we are able to recruit new members.

The Wayfarers will continue with the aim to stay neutral and in good terms with all parties. I am interested in conversations with representatives of any guild or religion in order to find common ground and ensure a brighter future for the inhabitants of Felucca.

Sincerely,
Thoran Ravenwing
The acting Guildmaster of The Wayfarers
Kozel

Post by Kozel »

Greetings from Garr Growen

Hello, I have found my way back from the woods and I am willing to help and hunt with old and new fellows.
Here is my pigeon number 697911996 if you wish to contact me if you seek for an adventure or help of any kind.

And allso I would like to warn people about murders, I got attacked by some incognito men while I was rescuing one man near Vesper. So be careful out there, I hope this has nothing to do with our guild.

Stay strong and stick together mates!

*by the looks of handwriting the message was written by someone else than Garr but the signature is authentic*

-Garr Growen-
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Glad to see the wayfarers back in business. My brother and I were helped by ladies and men in yellow when we were new to these lands. Always good to see friendly faces.

On behalf of myself and the Tegyrs I would like to offer a donation of fish to help fill your store rooms. I'll send a bird sometime or feel free to message me when you have some time to pick them up.

- Sherman of the high seas

Box # 699574816
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

Inhabitants of Felucca,

The construction of our guildhouse proceeded steadily and finally it has been finished. I want to thank the great people in The De'Mauno Shop for aiding us with the interior. As it has been a tradition, our guildhouse will remain open for public use. We have the essential tools to meet the training needs of newcomers in these lands. Don't hesitate to come in, and consider the house as a as a public meeting point.

Like before, we have open crates for donations, this time located outside of our house. Any equipment there is free to be used and we wish that those of you whom are more adventurous could bring a few items there every now and then. From within our house you can find crafting stations for merchants and some food for the weary traveler.

In addition I'd like to use this opportunity to mention that we are still recruiting and we welcome all professions. The only requirements for joining us are that you need to have the enthusiasm to help those in need and that you adhere to our guidelines.

• 1. Aid the newcomers.
    Tutor them and help them understand the wonders of Felucca. Guide them in their training, and try to recover their belongings if they are lost to the beings of the wilderness.

2. Never make a criminal act.
    We do not support stealing, robbing or murdering.

3. Do not partake in wars between guilds, religions or nations.
    Hunt, train and befriend anyone you wish but stay neutral in the event of quarrels between other parties.

4. Do not seek revenge.
    Protect yourself against assailants, but do not initiate hostile actions. Do not chase your assailant or seek revenge. Prefer to talk things trough with words rather than weapons.

5. Do not partake in manhunts.
    Chasing down wanted criminals is not our work.

Sincerely,
Thoran Ravenwing
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

Dear people of Britain and the city officials,

these last few weeks have been filled with excitement as the guildhouse has served its purpose and more and more people have taken the use of our establishment. I have personally met many people that have either taken use of our crafting appliances or found some decent equipment from the donation boxes. We have also managed to recruit many new members and even few familiar faces. Currently there are over twenty people in the guild and all of them are eager and ready to help those that need it. I wish to thank all the people that have helped in our cause, either by joining or by making a donation. All of you, the active part of the community are the force that makes it possible for us to do what we feel is right.

On this same occasion I wish to thank the city officials that have taken a liking in our work and have aided us greatly with the donation crates. All crates are now labeled for ease and inside all of them are labeled bags to indicate the type of items they contain. Hopefully now we can more easily keep the crates organised and anyone needing certain items can find them more easily. We have also added a "Equipment requests" book next to the crates where we can be informed for any lack of certain items.

Sincerely,
Thoran Ravenwing