*posted in Minoc and throughout Imperial lands*

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Iktomi

*posted in Minoc and throughout Imperial lands*

Post by Iktomi »

Citizens be warned. A great new threat is upon our doorstep. The macabre scene that you may have witnessed north-east of Minoc has evolved once again. Believed to have been the inconsequential work of a lunatic cult, it appears our intelligence sources misinterpreted the danger.

The giant scarecrow that had been under construction was completed in recent days; however, our detectives assumed this would be the end of the issue (likely with the entire cult committing suicide as they often do). Last night, however, we had reports that the merchant known as Jonathan gathered a motley crew of local adventurers and was able to retrieve an ancient artifact... a goblet of everflowing blood.

With this, and a previously unknown ritual, the scarecrow was brought to life and easily dispatched the entire team of adventurers, including Jonathan. So far it appears this creature is impervious to harm, so we would advise that the area is avoided at all costs.

We are working with a strange man in green, who wandered in from the woods, but appears to know about the situation.

We will keep all citizenry posted, but until we have more information, we encourage all people to exercise extreme caution.
Charha

Re: *posted in Minoc and throughout Imperial lands*

Post by Charha »

*A sharp-looking gypsy person in a dark bone suit peers at the important-looking notice in a scrutinizing manner and then scribbles a note underneath it*

Correction: it didn't dispatch an ENTIRE team of adventures. I was there as well and didn't get a scratch. Granted, I'm not perhaps what you'd call an average adventurer, but at least I was smart enough to keep my distance after that ginormous scarecrow started moving about. This guy Jonathan, crazy as he was, seems to have spent a lot of time and effort getting that thing up. If it has a mind of its own, maybe we could try to ask what it wants? If there's some sort of soul in there, we could hire priests to conduct a divination or necromancers to perform a seance. Sure, the thing seemed pretty miffed, but who wouldn't feel miffed after waking up as a huge straw man? Let's give the thing some time to calm down and then see what can be done about it.

-Ripkin, Wayfarer Organ Grinder-
Morgain

Post by Morgain »

Another note is pinned underneath

Excuse me, everyone. After the incident I went looking for any information I could find about this scarecrow entity, and found some old archived reports of strange ritual sacrifices all around the world. Myself and my guild mate Vladimir decided to investigate, and we found something that could be relevant.

We went to Occlo and Skara Brae, and in both places we found a similar scene: someone appears to be actively sacrificing deer or some similar animals to effigies that look exactly like the giant scarecrow creature did. We also found one small pile of cotton at the Occlo site, and two at the Skara Brae site - could there be an emerging pattern here? After that we went to Valor Island, as there had been reports of similar activity there. We did find mangled and mutilated corpses there too, but it might have been unrelated to this incident; there was no effigy, so it could have been some kind of a vampire ritual - there were plenty of them lurking on the island.

For all I know, there may be other sacrificial sites somewhere. People should keep their eyes open especially near fields, as that's where we found the first two offerings. If you do find an effigy, please look for tidy piles of cotton nearby and count them carefully, as there may be some significance there.

I don't know if this helps at all, but I'll keep looking into the matter as best as I can.

-Darrine, a healer in service of The Wayfarers
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I found similiar one from britain fields just today when i started to investigate some more, though this time there were an effigy, hay and skinned deer. Also there was a sole effigy in middle of serpents hold. Without anything around it.

But nevertheless if you hold any information considering this incident do not fear to contact us! We'll do all we can to solve this problem.

~Vladimir - Wayfarer mage
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

*what appears to be a leaf is posted on the board... with what appears to be some sort of writing*

Now that the cat is out of the bag... so to speak... it's slowly coming back to me how we dealt with Dyrnax the last time! I can't be sure... as it's been so long... but I think we trapped him! At least temporarily, before a better solution could be found.

I've just got flashes of memory from then... the number four... the sounds of the jungle... strange obelisks of power, activating each corner... and... ... nope, that's all!

Sorry I couldn't be much more help! I'll keep an eye out for you!

Herdiil the Wanderer
Percy

Post by Percy »

Well I've located the location, I know what they need to be activated, just one question though, Herdiil. Do you need to be here when they're ready to be activated since you've done this once before?

~ Percy ~
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Unfortunately my memory ain't what it used to be... all I can remember is green... so much green...

but then... that seems to be what most of my memories consist of...
Percy

Post by Percy »

To the people of the land,

This Lord Dyrnax seems to have been forgotten and left to wander. It's a shame that such a vile creature can be left to wander these lands.
It is our duty to put aside our differences and send this creature to where it belongs.

I took it upon myself a few months ago now to locate the place Herdiil vaugly remembers. This location is in Trinsic Forest. Almost directly south of the entrance facing the forest right near the water on the far south side.

I urge you, if you have seen this creature wandering around please try and lure him closer and closer to this location. Even if it's just a few feet closer it's a start. Any information on it's location or if you require any assistance in luring it there please feel free to contact me and we can get a team of men and women together and have this creature lured up there in a few hours.

Please do not hesitate to contact me you'll find the co-ordinates on were to send me letters below.

Yours,

- Percy -
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Great news! Great news! Did... it look like the prison could hold the beast? Walls and all?

Herdiil the Wanderer
Yudhishthir

Post by Yudhishthir »

*a white parchment is posted amongst the others*

While I was out mapping the lands, this large feller callin himself Lord Dyrnax chased me off an island. Believe you me, he's not the milkman. But I have a feeling he may somehow be connected to the bat cat conspiracy. Bats. Cats. I know there's something. That's why the squirrels won't stop dancing. Rats maybe. I'll look more into that. This Dyrnax be East of Buccaneer's Den. Take your taskforce there. If you see the milkman. Tell him I'm looking for him.

Flinks