Mayor Candidates!

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Ondoher

Re: Mayor Candidates!

Post by Ondoher »

I will review the applications by the end of next week.

Yours,
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

I would like to run for mayor on the beautiful island with the white-sandy beaches, Magincia.

I was not raised with rich parents- I started poor with troll bones and worked hard to get where I am. I am certainly not one of those financially incompetent political types. I have leadership skills as a guild-master and I'm a keen listener. I will arrange monthly meetings so that the taxpayers can provide their insights and play a role in improving Magincia.

Kolya
Zendrick

Post by Zendrick »

I would GREATLY appreciate the chance to be considered for the role as mayor of New Haven. I have lived in this town for many years it is dear to my heart. I am the founder of The People of New Haven and have made my home open for people to come visit me with questions and concerns for the town's future. I recently moved and so my services have been un available but The People of New Haven have set up a meeting hall as well where the populous are welcome to come and meet to discuss the town's issues.

I feel as though I would be a great Mayor and hope to hear back regarding this election.

Yours Truly

Enkidu Gorwraith ~Voice of the people~
Enkidu Gorwraith-Voice of the People
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I'm offering myself up for consideration of the mayorship of Nujel'm, I have called this fine island home for as long as I can remember. I have prepared a letter to better express my plans should I be elected, my cousin, Soraya Mozhan took dictation, she was supposed to make it sound a little more sophisticated then the words of a mere archer could come up with, I believe she did the best with what I gave her.
Should I be chosen
If I am chosen to be the first mayor of Nujel'm, a city I adore, I would most like to hold a meeting with it's residents and should any be unable to attend I would extend the invitation to send petitions and concerns to myself as to concerns and issues discussed at the meeting. This is a community and as such would run it as though everyone has a say in the day to day operations of the city. With this meeting the topics of discussion would be which vendors should we hire and which need to be ousted, it is not my intention to do a complete house cleaning nor to completely change the landscape of the city but to instead make the city a more welcoming environment for its current citizens and for future citizens. Next on the agenda would be how to deal with any criminal elements, this means equipping the guards with the proper tools to get the job done, it needs to be known that if you are a criminal planning nefarious or devious acts within the city that we, as law abiding citizens will not stand for such actions, the criminal element's only solace should be that we as citizens of this fair town will castigate and excoriate anyone who seeks to live the life of a criminal, this means not just within the city walls but the whole of the island. My wish as I am sure others agree is to not have this great city become the island equivalent of Britain where criminal elements are allowed to prey on the weak just beyond the city borders, if this means that we as citizens need to form a militia of sorts to keep tabs on anyone suspected of being of the criminal element, then so be it. The next order of business would be to discuss which organizations(class guilds) should be hired into the city, right now we have only a few representatives from these organizations so it might be a good idea to reconsider who we have and what we will need. Finally, most importantly, what should the city's outlook be, should we adopt a military style city or more of a merchant welcome city, at some point I personally would love to purchase a market area for current and future merchants of Nujel'm with the importance being placed on citizen merchants being offered first chance to higher a vendor, but this will be consideration for the future.

Once all has been discussed and absentee opinions and concerns considered, I will tally up the budget and if everyone is in agreement, put the changes into affect, we should not just make a mad dash for hiring everyone, it is important for me and I hope for those who live alongside me that we all have a say in what is done, I know I personally have changes I would love to make but being a community effort I will put them forth and we can all discuss these. I am in no way of the dictatorship mindset nor will I pander to anyone who is, citizens come first in Nujel'm for me, everything else second. My ultimate goal is to build up this historic city to its former glory, keeping taxes as low as possible without the end for anyone to donate their hard earned funds to keep it afloat, like everyone, I believe taxes are a necessary scourge to keep us safe but at the same time, I believe we can all come to an agreement to decide what needs to be done to keep this city both safe and not a police state, unwelcoming to new comers and abhorrent to the older citizens.

I make no promises about paving the streets with gold bricks, I leave such claims and promises to charlatans. My promise is that any hardships that are faced are faced together as citizens, it'll be a long road to improving our city but together I believe we can achieve greatness, making Nujel'm a role model for other cities and towns.

- Heydar Tegyr
Heydar Tegyr,
625-658-845
Nujel'm
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Zendrick

Post by Zendrick »

Has this decision already been made? i would like to hear the results

Enkidu
Enkidu Gorwraith-Voice of the People
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

The decisions have not been made yet. I will be going through the applications today and final results are in by tomorrow.

Yours,
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

The following mayor candidates please send me a letter.

Heydar Teqyr, Nujel'm
Kolya, Magincia
Boern, Jhelom
Arden Darkfall, Minoc
Endiku Gorwraith, New Haven

464-180-569

Yours,