Mayor Candidates!

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Ondoher

Mayor Candidates!

Post by Ondoher »

Order of Imperial is looking for candidates to serve as the Mayors of the following towns:

Nujel'm
Ocllo
Minoc
New Haven
Jhelom
Magincia

Post your open application below this note!

Yours,
Percy

Re: Mayor Candidates!

Post by Percy »

Town you are applying for: Nujel'M

Name:Otto Sandrock
Residential Status:Home-owner
Martial Status:Single
Children:None
Next of kin:Eliza Sandrock (Niece)
Smoker: From time to time
Guild:The Britannian Trade Union
Guild Role:Union Member Alchemist
Disabilities: None

Background
Was born and raised in one of the small houses outside of the city walls in Nujel'm. Lived there until I was 14. Moved into Britain to begin training as an alchemist. I was 24 before the guild would accept me. Spent up until the age of 30 in Britain learning the arts of alchemy. Was the victim of an attempted mugging whilst walking through the back streets of Britain and fell over running away and ended up in a coma. Woke up and was told I'd been in a coma for 20 years. A lot had changed, my profession had major breakthroughs so I had to relearn all of what I knew. I decided to roam the lands and islands seeking advice in the arts and learning a lot about the world. 13 years later here I am.

Why you should be Mayor
If elected as Mayor I can promise you these things;

I will keep the city streets clean and the houses well maintained.
I will bring more, and, well desired vendors to the city to increase city popularity.
I will bring more residents to the city.
I will keep the city safe and well patrolled and increase guards over time.
I will provide free smokes from a chest in my house.
I will utilize unused buildings to increase profit.
I will keep taxes low and happiness high.
I will be around to help anyone who needs it.
I will bring this town back to its former glory.

I wont stand for people littering.
I wont stand for crimes.
I wont allow people to not pay their taxes.
I wont allow people to be unhappy.
I wont accept harassment and/or bullying.

Thank you for your consideration,
~ Otto Sandrock ~
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

*A small note is attached below*

I am Athana, I moved into Jhelom a few years ago and I find it to be a lovely town. I would like to apply for the position of mayor to help keep the city growing. While I do not have as much experience as others in management, I believe I can do the job.

Athana, 254-273-387
Boern

Post by Boern »

Jhelom, the town of Valor. Who better to mayor such town than me, the Valiant and Ever-Great Boern?

Let me answer that one for you: No one!

I did a run around the town recently and witnessed the sorry state that the town and its dwellers are in. It's not a lovely town no more. The once strong fort island is now in ruins! Ruins, I tell you! RUINS!! Most of the residential buildings are empty and left to mold (trust me, I know my molds) and I heard from a local dingbat, err I mean resident, that the town is haunted by terrible ghosts and hideous zombies. And indeed, as I walked into the tavern, I was greeted by the most heinous zombie I have had to lay my eyes upon (now that I think of it, she could have just been the tavern keeper's wife but let's not dwell on that).

I remember a better time when Jhelom was the gem of the harsh sea. A lively haven, where a man or a woman could come to to have a jolly time over a drink or a fair bar fight over gambling debts. I used to have a hideou... uh... a cottage in Jhelom and the town would take care of me when I was going through a rough patch in life. I can't stand by and watch it shrivel. It's time for me to pay back for the town of Jhelom.

Leadership is in my blood as I have commanded several bands of highwaym... ehh... of free people to a great success and riches! I don't think I even have to mention my awe-inspiring feats of heroism as a warrior, like when I almost single handedly held back an invading army in Cove or crawled through a deadly dungeon to retrieve a precious relic for a great Chieftain. Your town will be safe under my eagle-eyed watch, guaranteed! I also know my way when it comes to gold, having amassed piles of it with um... clever ventures.

I think you need a strong leader here and not some nice old lady with a broom. I am your man.

Boern, the Man with the Plan
Jax

Post by Jax »

I do not see Skara Brae on this list, is there a reason for that?

- Fyre Vex
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Greetings Ondoher,

As a resident of the beautiful city of Minoc, I understand the needs of the town where several miners and hunters alike call home, and I'm available to assist Minoc in growing larger and wealthier.

Minoc has been ravaged by war as of late, more than once. It has cost the town dearly and the main effort at this point, in my eyes, should be minimize that loss, while increasing effectiveness to guarantee that all of it's citizens' taxes aren't going to waste. I intend to turn Minoc into an attractive place to live and, with your assistance, a safe place to be.

Respectfully yours,
Arden Darkfall
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Greetings Ondoher,

I, Talerco Pious, the current head of the Pious family, would like so sign up for the mayorship of Nujel'm. Running a large family has taught me the necessary skills to run and organize things on a larger scale.

Our estate in Nujel'm will also have space for a proper office that a mayor deserves.

*signed*
Talerco Pious
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Dearest ondoher,

I would like to be considerd for nujelom also.

From Viven o'hie
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

I would also like to know why Skara Brae aint on that list, or are you allready so glad with the gold greedy mayor you placed there to fill the town with gold, that we wont get a real election in Skara Brae ??

Ema Pious
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Be careful with your words about the mayor of Skara Brae! I shall take good care of the future of the Skara Brae and all actions I take as mayor are for good of the city and its citizens!

~Ivan