*Notes placed around city of Skara Brae*

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Ivan

*Notes placed around city of Skara Brae*

Post by Ivan »

Hello citizens of mine! I am Ivan your one and only rightful mayor!

I am here to inform you that I've taken it as my job to start hiring and firing the shop keepers of Skara Brae! So if you think there is a need for a certain shopkeeper or guildmaster to be hired into our city, feel free to contact me trough a letter.

I shall advice you not to use any weak bird of sorts, because my pet might eat it before i get a chance to remove the letter!

Also there is going to be an event, opening of the Lovely Serpent just right next to the fields of Skara Brae later in this or next month! You shall be informed by the bar owners of the exact date later.

Remember to pay your taxes and all donations are always welcome!

Sincerely yours ~ Ivan
Ivan

Re: *Notes placed around city of Skara Brae*

Post by Ivan »

As an example of the recent firings and hirings, I got rid of these useless nose pickers who used to hang around in Skara Brae.

Innkeep whose name i cant recall (She was accused of being careless with her customers)
Butcher whose name i cant recall (He made 0 profit for the town as a shopkeeper!)
Shipwright whose name i cant recall (He made aswell 0 sales in skara brae!)

Hired new personel:
Archer Guildmaster Saunders (He is located near the Barbarian guildmaster)
Tinker Guildmaster Poloma now occupies the house that the lousy butcher left empty.
Alchemist Dennys was hired as an assistant to Shelly in the shop at the east edge of the town.

Sincerely yours ~ Ivan
Charha

Post by Charha »

I for one am glad to see that the local government is now being handled in a straightforward manner. Should these new arrangements require the assistance of a skilled advocate, I am at your service. I currently reside in Skara Brae, and when it comes to legal custom and accounting I'm the bee's knees. I'm also a grandmaster in alchemy and a competent mining instructor.

(That is to say, I can at least read, write and help you with words that sound complicated. Do sign me up.)

~Ripkin, a professional expert on things~
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

Please explain why the town need to stuck over 550.000 gold into its chests every singel month !!! I see no need to raise taxes in a town that can stuck that kind of gold away every month. Even with 1% tax the town will stuck away over 250.000 gold pr month.

So please explain what all that gold are to be used for, and fast.

Ema Pious
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

There is going to happen next things in the future of skara brae:

Hiring more useful personel into the city, increase of the defenses of the city itself. We are going to make Skara Brae the best city of all time that can provide everything eventualy! Thus we have to suffer for a month of increased tax rate of 2%. I will inform the citizens of future projects further into the date!

For now as we have only lousy basic guards guarding the city instead of the imperial elites, I shall take it as my responsibility as mayor to defend the city from the ill will of the whitecoats!

Sincerely yours ~ Ivan
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

Big plans YOU have there, but wasn't it an idea to ask the people living in and around Skara Brae what they want ???

I bet you most dont really care if the robe on the guards are white, orange, brown or green, we just want to have peace in our town. So let what ever color the rope is pay for those guards, if what ever religion that have the town want to keep it, let them pay for the guards.

Sorry to say, but your title might be Mayor, but you act like a Dictator.

Ema Pious
Charha

Post by Charha »

Dictator Ivan doesn't sound half bad to me. It certainly has more "oomph" than mere mayor. And hey, the higher the taxes, the less likely we have to deal with poor people living in the city. I myself have always wanted to live in a posh neighborhood - I'm hoping I can afford it!

~Rip~
Mike

Post by Mike »

All hail the Dictator, the savior of Skara Brae!

-Lucius Camulus
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Dear Ema Pious, I am fully open to listen for your needs, if you want something to be added to the city just make donation and leave a letter for me and I shall hire the shopkeeper or guildmaster you wish.

I do not have anything against that, but I will commit my actions for protection of the city mostly, as well as I will hire only shopkeepers that actualy make a profit.

Sincerely yours ~ Ivan
Jaskier Huntley

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

I'm not a citizen of Skaara but i'm planning to be one.Dictator or not i think Ivan is a good man on good position.He will do whatever it takes to make Skaara well prospering town,and that's all i care about.If double taxes are nessesary I'm allright with that aslong as he can explain the reasons for that.Personally i think he's an annoying and egocentric individual but he has what it takes to create the city of Skaara a good place to live in.You have my support.

-Mister M.