*Notes placed around city of Skara Brae*

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Glarundis

Re: *Notes placed around city of Skara Brae*

Post by Glarundis »

Fear not, everyone. The Order of Imperial knows what's best for the people, even if at times some decisions may not seem to be the best. If our Head Priest chose Ivan to run the town of Skara Brae, it surely is with the best intentions in mind? We wish prosperity and wealth for every town and every field that is under our control.

-Berlinder
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Ema Pious,

You might not care what color of cloak the guards wear, but the Order of Imperial does.

As long as you're living within the protection of the Imperial, you should learn to show some respect for those who day after day risk their lives to protect you. It's not something to take for granted. The world outside is a dangerous and dark place and the Imperial guards are often the only ones standing between you and that darkness. The guards risk and give their lives so that you do not have to.

And here you dare claim you, nor anyone else for that matter, care for their sacrifices? I'm sure their families, those who also live in Skara Brae, care for their fallen fathers, brothers, sons and daughters.

Do your share and pay your taxes.

Honor, Duty, Unity
Xaeron Rosak
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

Dear Xaeron

Where was your care for the families of the guards wearing a white robe, when you took over the town and slaughtered them all ?? Please stop changing what this is all about, and incase you forgot it, let me refresh your mind:

we want a free and fair mayor election in Skara Brae, not a mayor that are forced down on us.

This is what its all about, there might only be 1 running for Mayor (proberlly now that you have treathen someone wanting a free election), but we want a free election, not some mayor that the was desided in a town fare away from Skara Brae in some dark room by old men.

And about the 'respect', how about you, the Imperials, learn to respect the people living in there towns. Remember respect is something earned, it can NEVER be taken !

Ema Pious
Jax

Post by Jax »

I too would have liked to of seen an ELECTION for mayor of Skara Brae, rather than the selection of someone behind closed doors without a chance for the people's vote. Honestly, the tax increase is not necessary, this was a humble city. Now it seems the Order is becoming greedy and has forgotten about the people that reside here and only care about their possessions.

-a retired alchemist
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Calm down people or I shall raise the taxes even further! Mayors are picked by the headpriest, there has not been a vote yet for a single city's mayor.

So live with it, or move out! You got your options before you. I was chosen as Skara Brae's mayor because of my ability to defend the city is second to none in this world.

Sincerely yours ~ Ivan
Boern

Post by Boern »

You heard the man. It's time to seek for new options.

Jhelom! Have you not always wanted to live in the exotic southern islands? We have plenty of lovely houses and premises available. All houses are built in uh... timeless rustic style, amazing! How about gold, do you like it? Good, because in Jhelom, you get to keep yours. Low low taxes guaranteed.

All citizens of Jhelom will receive plenty of great perks and the town's infrastructure will be enhanced to allow quick and inexpensive travel to and from the town. You also get to have an amazing mayor, me, Boern.

People will be heard! Jhelom is a town for people, not for guards. I will be making an announcement of the changes to come for the town of Jhelom after I can get a hold of the headpriest.

-Boern, the Not Yet Mayor of Jhelom
Charha

Post by Charha »

Jhelom, you say? What exactly are these perks you mentioned? And how's the current housing situation in Jhelom? And what are the traveling options from Jhelom to, say, Britain?

Signed with innocent curiosity that doesn't probably mean anything, really, but hey, you never know, since you have to move on with the times, anyway, yours truly,

Ripkin
Boern

Post by Boern »

Ah yes! Now you're asking the right questions, my dear Ripkin. I like that.

About perks, they will be grand, I will say that much. I cannot go into details as of yet as I still have much preparations to make and scribbly contracts to sign. But don't you worry, I will be making an announcement regarding these perks soon enough and besides, where's the fun in unveiling everything right away?

We have houses of all sizes still currently available. They range from compact row houses (ooh, you can get really intimate with your lovely neighbour) to larger houses with separate storage rooms (perfect for, saaayyy, a shop for selling alchemic potions, ya). If thrill is your thing, we also have houses right next to a haunted graveyard with all kinds of silly dead things crawling about. Not a boring day in sight if you get a house there, hohoh! Oh, and most of these houses come with a lovely sea view too.

Jhelom might seem like a distant island town but it isn't really. Whoever said that the world is getting smaller was right! As of now, we have our trusty sailors transporting people and cargo all over Britannia. You can also easily access Jhelom from Moonglow using transportation stones. Moongates! We have our own moongate location on the island. I will be placing a pile of gemstones, which will be free to use, next to the moongate for your convenience of traveling. Yes, I've heard of the incident of a man getting sliced in half by a closing moongate but what's the chance of that happening again? Very slight, I'd say!

There! I will gladly tour you, or anyone else, around the town if you would like to take a closer look at Jhelom.

-Boern, the now Mayor of Jhelom
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

I for one believe in Ivan. As a local entrepreneur I'm more than certain that the taxes I pay will be used for our good and that the streets will be safer now that Ivan is in charge.

-Laveta Argeledougal, owner of The Lovely Serpent