Serpent's hold mayor elections

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Ares

Serpent's hold mayor elections

Post by Ares »

I, Jack Tusk, am finding myself in need of a Mayor, to handle the daily runnings of my town; Serpent's Hold.

It is, rather abandoned, these days. But for the 3 people still residing here, the position is available. Post your applications below please.

- Jack Tusk
Merchant extraordinaire
Johnny Walac

Re: Serpent's hold mayor elections

Post by Johnny Walac »

"PIRATES! ALL HANDS ON DECK!" alas it was too late. Lazy guards on duty will be the death of us all for no one saw the ship coming. S/V Hammertime sailed up on their portside, the pirate crew onboard Hammertime stood by the railing screaming insults, eager to board the merchant ship. Hammertime opened fire upon their victim. The first blast took out their rudder, the second and third was more for fun. Small merchant ships like these wasn't even armed. But Capt. Johnny had no interest in the ship itself, only the cargo. The first mate onboard Hammertime bellowed the commands as soon the cannon fire was over. "Grappling hooks ye lazy fucks! LEAVE NO SURVIVORS!".

Hammertime had sailed towards Serpent's Hold. They left the burning ship in their wake two days ago and now they were close to home. "Fine bounty Captain. We could stay in port fer atleast four weeks without having to worry 'bout gold." "Aye that be true" Johnny examined the gold coin he held between his fingers, Lord British had planted his ugly face on the side of it. "Wonder if I can get me face on these things?" before he could get any further on the subject activity picked up on the deck above them. "I guess we are home!"

"Mayor selection? Speak sense lad 'fore I smack it into ye!". The messenger backed up against the railing. "Aye, a m-man named Jack Tusk have started the election." Johnny looked over at his first mate "What we need a mayor for?". The messenger handed over a parchment. The Captain snatched it from his hands and read it out loud "Mhm..blablabla...the mayor will be responsible for tax collecting, paying the vendo- paying the vendors? Why the fuck should we pay the vendors? They make money on their own don't they?" The first mate only shrugged. "Probably that bloody Union. Talked them vendors into it. Pay up or they will leave." Johnny threw the parchment aside. "Get my hat. The big one" The crew that were unloading the cargo turned their heads towards the captain "The...fancy one Cap? The big one?" the first mate asked. "Aye! We be visiting this Jack Tusk!"

Heads turned as he walked towards Mr.Tusk's Caravan. People stopped with that they were doing and looked up at the sight. Past them walked the pirate crew of S/V Hammertime, but that was not what they were looking at. Captain Johnny had a grin from ear to ear from all the attention. "Working as intented aye?". On his head he had the most pompous hat the people of Serpent's Hold ever laid eyes upon. It was a hat of grand magnificence. Three or even four times bigger than his old hat. His crew were shouting to the people as they walked past "Captain Johnny for Mayor! Johnny for Mayor! Listen up ye ballbags! Ye better pick Johnny!". A man stepped out of the caravan as the entourage got closer. Johnny had his thumbs hooked in his belt as he strode forward like he was already mayor. He walked straight up to the man and they now stood face to face, just staring at eachother. Mr.Tusk spoke first "I would invite you into my caravan...but I am afraid your hat won't fit through the door" He looked up at the captains extravagant hat. "I am the captain of Hammertime, Johnny Walac". Jack Tusk raised his brows "Hammertime you say? The pirate ship?". "Uhu". Johnny turned around and pointed towards the ship. The sails clearly visibly in the distance. He turned back towards Mr.Tusk. "Ye see, this be my port for several years. Now I heard ye started a mayors election. I dislike the notion of having some outsiders running things around here, so I will sign up me self." The crew instantly shouted "'te Captain fer mayor!" Johnny turned towards the crowd that gathered around them. "Ye all already know me! Fer several years I have kept this town from the nasty grasp of them big lords. We run this town ourselves aye? We don't want a bloody outsider to start taking our gold for his own fat purse. Vote for me as mayor and I promise you that I will give a share to the town from every bounty we come across! We shall be prosperous! We shall be successful! And the most important thing, we shall be free!"
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

My vote goes to this Johny.

-Horian-
Peyotey

Post by Peyotey »

I go for the pirate eh...

`Gevdin.
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

My vote is for Johnny Walac.

John Frost
Ares

Post by Ares »

Looks like we have a... Winner. Sort of.

- Jack Tusk
Merchant extraordinare