Jhelom, oh, Jhelom

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Boern

Jhelom, oh, Jhelom

Post by Boern »

Alright my lovelies. First of all, congratulations for picking Jhelom as your place of residence and me as your mayor (I know you didn't actually choose me but you would have, right?). The best decisions you have made in your life, no doubt. I promised to give you perks for choosing Jhelom, and perks you shall have! Perks liiike...

* Reach into my personal uhh... sacks of wonder! Plenty of magical and stylish clothing and a big library of handbooks to improve your skills with. It's not just trash either, it's only mostly trash! But there might be some hidden gems there, who knows. Come take a peek.

* Fighter, having trouble with some nasty monster? Have you died and some hideous orc is now prancing around with your gear? Worries away! Let your mayor know what has happened and I will send a rescue party right away.

* Test your might! It's time to put our magnificent arena to use. Challenge your mayor, me Boern, to a friendly duel. Glory and other prizes will be yours if you manage to beat me. Good luck with that though, hoho!

* Merchants of Jhelom, don't even think that I have forgotten you. Do you need a boost for your business? Let me help you endorse your products and lead you and Jhelom to prosperity! I can even help you gather resources if that's what you need.

* Archers and rangers! I managed to er... persuade a bowyer to sell his greater elemental arrows and bolts of all kinds at the low price of 25 coins per one. Only for the citizens!

Are you not yet a citizen of Jhelom? Now it's the time to change that fact. Buy a house in Jhelom and I, as your mayor, will pay the first month of your taxes! And as if that wasn't enough, you will also get an official handshake from me.

Now, if you have any thoughts, questions, requests, concerns, anything, come see me at my office or send me a bird.

-Boern, your Mayor of Jhelom, 604503185
Daren Priesten

Re: Jhelom, oh, Jhelom

Post by Daren Priesten »

Dear Mayor Boern,

Thank you for the tour of Jhelom. I will be sure to put the wands to good use! I hope you are able to get the things accomplished you are hoping to do.

Wishing the best,

*Signed*

Zelnor Haven, DMS
Charha

Post by Charha »

The mayor of Skara Brae might not be too happy, gods bless that straightforward man, if I ever move my fantastic alchemy shop to Jhelom permanently, but I might sail to Jhelom at some point because it's been such a long while since I've seen this place and it seems like you're doing a great job there. And there's no harm visiting, right? Besides, I wouldn't dream of moving away from Skara Brae because our mayor Ivan, who loves his subjects like a pathologically violent father figure might, needs someone to read letters for him.

~Rip, Wayfarer Mining Instructor~
Boern

Post by Boern »

Well that's disappointing to hear! I could have used that uh... moderately sized message board of yours here too. But if a man needs his letters read for him, there must be no way around it. Oh and yes, please do come visit some time. The ports of Jhelom are always open for visitors and the taverns serve refreshments all night.

Anyhow! I have now met a few of you lovely citizens and already received some excellent ideas on how to improve the town even further. Enjoy the town and its perks as I will keep on working to make Jhelom the gem it deserves to be. Don't hesitate to contact me if anything comes up, or if you wish to have a game of chess over a few pints of ale (the more the merrier the game seems to get).

-Boern, your Mayor of Jhelom
Boern

Post by Boern »

Attention Jhelomians!

It has come to my knowledge that someone has been digging under the very foundations of our town's pride, the arena. The pathway to the fighting pit is now littered with potholes and crackles. Shoddy work, I'd say! Motives for this mischief are still somewhat unclear, but using the methods of deduction, I have come to the conclusion that the digger wanted either to collapse the arena or find a long gone ratlord relic buried under the foundations. That's right, it has to be one or another.

So, if you know something about this tomfoolery or are the one doing it, write a note here or contact me at 604503185 and we'll resolve this matter.

*signed*
Your mayor,

Garr Growen

Post by Garr Growen »

Hello,

I have kept watch on the town and it's citizens for months now and would like to look over your combat skills. There for I wish to have a friendly duel with you Sir Boern. No looting or hard feelings just brave sparring to see if you are prepared enough to guard our lovely town if we get troubles. As a loyal citizen and towns guardian I must make sure that the mayor is as great as he claims. I may also help you keep up the contact with Esuna and our religion who is responsible in organizing the towns safety and protecting it from evil heretics.

-Kozel of Imperial-
570 226 554
Boern

Post by Boern »

Ah, but you doubt my skills as a figher, sir Kozel? You are clearly unaware of my numerous heroic deeds then. One of them being when I dove deep into the depths of the sea to have a fistycuff with the Kraken and had squid rings for lunch afterwards. Ya, that happened. Fine then! I am always up for a friendly scrap and you are the first man to pick up the challenge. I applaud you for that. I do not care much for your god but know that the town is well and safe under my control.

Have at thee!

- Boern the Clam Fist
Boern

Post by Boern »

Citizens! Pay your taxes!

There is already a backlog of 146,350 gold of unpaid taxes. Taxes paid in time means a happy mayor but so far things don't look too good. Don't pay your taxes in time and risk getting the stinky eye from me, Boern. You do not want to get the stink eye from me. First things first, we need some 10,000 coins paid in 5 days to keep the merchants and guards in town. It is up to you, citizens, to do your duty.

I am a generous god ...uh mayor but I am only generous if you deserve it. I have already poured stacks of gold for the good of Jhelom so don't let me down.

Your Mayor,