Reporting Robbers associate

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Akkarrin

Reporting Robbers associate

Post by Akkarrin »

As a former member of the order of law I take it as my responsibility to report that the citizen Chai Tai has been seen assisting three outlaws who attacked the Britain bank today by reporting the locations of prominent citizens within the city.

He claims to have been forced but returned to the robbers of his own free will as opposed to reporting their presence to those who could assist.

As I am no longer an officer of the Law I do not have the authority of Lord British or Winchester and am unable to take appropriate action on this matter. I am reporting the transgression so that the town guard and guilds which now defend the city are aware and can deal with the matter as they see fit.

Akkarrin - Former SiC of Order of Law
-----
The law is the law regardless of convenience
everezt

Re: Reporting Robbers associate

Post by everezt »

Im sorry for seemingly have helped robbers out of free will, but my hand was forced and they had spear on my neck. I was trying to spare my life. I was afraid of being hunted down for not returning, they seem to have all the power.

As an old man i have not seen such ruthlessness out here, but then again, it's been so long till i have gone out of my home, i might just not remember anymore, still practicing those old skills we all use, so for once, i could stand my ground.

As a honest man, i do not mind sitting down with all whose do think bad of me, and talk it trough.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

It is easy to cast aspersions on somebody when you're not the one staring down a blade. Can you blame a man for not wanting to be cleaved in two? I don't think "assistance" given under duress is a crime but simple self-preservation.

If this man was truly threatened he is a victim too and the blame should be placed where it belongs - on the shoulders of the rogues terrorizing town.

- Ashley
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

Can you blame a man for not wanting to be cleaved in two?
When such an act could lead to the death of others yes... yes I can and will...

Saying you will report the locations of others to save yourself I can forgive, running back and actually doing it is needlessly assisting the outlaws attacking our streets.

From my experience in law acts such as this cannot go unpunished, outlaws often look for spies within towns willing to do their bidding, and nine times out of ten these people are all to happy to oblige for personal gain or favour...

-Akkarrin
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

So you wish this man to be victimized twice... Once by the rogues and once by some self-righteous sense of justice... What do you propose we do with this person? Draw and quarter him? A hanging? These brutes are causing us fear and making us turn against one another - the only true way to disempower them is to show compassion for their victims instead of allowing their actions to sow discord among the peaceful people's of Britain.

- Ashley
everezt

Post by everezt »

I did not gave out their exact locations, that for exact reason so they couldn't go straight forward in, i do not think i gave them anything they did not know at that point, because for me it seemed they had a perfectly good tracker in their group, whom already knew those people were there.

After all my actions did nothing good for them or bad for those poor fellow men.

I was forced to be a slave of evil power and you wish to have a justice on me? To be victim of two systems?
Maeros Gouranga

Post by Maeros Gouranga »

A man walks by and reads a note on the ground.

*The reading*
They may have emotions, they may have thoughts. They may have pleasure and pain, but they sure as hell can't talk stocks, the market, free market! They may be small, hairy people, but they are small & hairy.
Free the research animals!
Free the entertainment animals!
Free the market, its noble limbs languishing in cold liberal chains!
Free the zoo because, remember, everyone is small and hairy to someone else.

*pausing he sighs*
Everyone is a subsidiary corporation to someone.
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

I don't know who you are or what this has to do with the topic at hand but I'll gladly talk about markets with you. "Free markets" is just code for those with the most gold being able to set the rules and being beholden to no one.

Everybody knows having the most gold doesn't make you virtuous or noble - in fact in many cases it means the opposite.

Markets are beholden to people and their needs as they should be - as no man is an island unto himself.

I'll be keeping my eye on you as this type of "free market" talk is a akin to indentured servitude if you ask me.

- Ashley
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

Back to the matter at my hand...

I don't really know what else there is to say about the matter

As my evidence shows I saw three outlaws attacking the cities banker, as I looked on powerless. Then I saw Chai run in and tell the outlaws where the potential defenders of the city were... I saw no evidence of any spear or coercion to make him talk.

As I've said I'm not an officer any more, so I must leave it for others to judge and decide what (if any) punishment this collaboration warrants.

-Akkarrin
everezt

Post by everezt »

*sighs*

You may have seen a sentence called "so... report" called out by one of them ruthless fellows, what just might give you a justification you are looking for. That show's that i must have had some kind of encounter & conversation with them before returning. For me that was talk or die, right here and now.

You run around and talk like your life does not matter at all, when on the other hand, other one(s) look forward living on.. and waiting for.. *sighs and tears up a bit* .. a better day.