Coldborns and the Polar bear

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

everezt

Coldborns and the Polar bear

Post by everezt »

It was a dark evening and tea pot was whistling on the kettle when i tought, it's good time to go have look in the icy
parts of the world. It was a rough travel, all the way from Skara to Minoc and then sail over the sea, took a lot out of me.

All i did was usual, stripping down the coldborn population, because hey, if we don't keep it under control, they are going to start entering our cities and nobody of us want's that, we already have enough work to do on our own.

After many hours on slaughtering i saw a light in the distance, which was unusual, since it's always dark around here.
I went closer to investigate what it was all about, stumbling in a wet snow slowly getting closer, i can hear yelling, can't quite understand what they are saying.
I was wondering what are they up to, since i could hear that there are many people in one area, are they prepearing the uprise against us?
I just had to get closer without them noticing, so i slowed my pace even more to not get caught.
Upon arriving to the edge of the mountain, i can see the village clearly and hear their chatter and nothing unusual.

But then suddenly the warlord of the village comes out of his tent and starts yelling commands to his followers.
I could not make out make out everything over the chatter but what i hear was something like "GET THE POLAR BEAR HERE" and "OPEN THE CAGE".
I tought to myself, what? what are they doing with the polar bear? That peeked my interest and i was determined to stay and see what they are up to.

It was not long after, when i saw that they had strapped the poor polar bear and started to drag him towards a fire.
Oh i said silently, and tought they are just having a feast, i was dissapointed and was about to start heading back, when the warlord started yelling again.. "TAME THE BEAST", "WE NEED IT FOR OUR WAR".

TAME?, TAME?... Did he just tell them to tame the wild beast?? I turned my eyes back to the village, keeping my eyes locked on the bear.. and wondering, it could not be, they can't tame the beast.
I was just staying for many hours, i already felt that my feet were starting to freeze, and all i saw was them struggling with the bear, beating him and just being cruel, but eventually the polar bear gave in.
What now? was i thinking, what are they going to do with him now?..

Up on waiting a little more i saw it.. they brought the saddle and the warlord mounted it, i could not believe what my eyes were seeing, really? They have mastered mounting the beast?

This gave me a little chilly feeling, but that was about all i was ready to catch and started moving back towards home. But i could not keep the tought of riding the polar bear out of my mind, but i really did not want to use their technique, since it was cruel to the animal.. so i perfected it in my mind like, how would i do it? so it would be humane to the beast.

I was almost about to leave the icy lands, when i stumbled up on a polar bear and tought, why not but my skills to the test? It took me a while, but i was able to tame it and to my surprise he allowed me to mount him. But he likes my cousin Bax more than me, because hey, he keeps overfeeding him *laughs*.

So.. here is the picture of my cousin with my latest great adventure and new friend.

The guide has been approved and added to the tamers guild training book. So everyone can have this lovely friend.

- everezt, the ballsy tamer
Samuk

Re: Coldborns and the Polar bear

Post by Samuk »

Heh, nice catch Everezt.

I want to try it out too!

-Samuk the great Tamer