A giant hoax

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Esmeralda

A giant hoax

Post by Esmeralda »

"Astiwen, we need your help! Some loyal law officer got beaten by a stone giant. Grab your bow!"

So Dias, Damona and Astiwen move out to slay the evil law killer. They pass the officer named vanHosen and approach the giant at the troll caves. How huge he is! vanHosen hauls ass, not without giving everybody good advice and the arrows fly through the air. Heavy damage on both sides, the giant slowly loses health. Dias goes down, but quickly is on his feet again. The giant stumbles, he is almost dead, you can feel it, you can see it, he faints.

BUT what is this? VIRTUE guards pop up everywhere, out of a sudden they jump on the giant and give it the last blow. vanHosen slowly walks up on the giant, yoink yoink yoink, a flute he was looking for! And off he goes with a quick word of sorry. Wait, a LUTE? All for an officers --lo-ot-- lute and some random platemail? We stare at our bare hands, only richer of an experience

What an adventure. And a morale too! Law doesn´t need help, even when they ask for it.
stating the obnoxious
Dalton VanHosen

Re: A giant hoax

Post by Dalton VanHosen »

That is not my recollection at all.

I remember fighting a troll sha-man who was very weak, and stood no chance at all. Then out of no where a spell, Unfamiliar to I, hurt me badly. I was able to run away, and heal myself. The mighty beast, and I went toe to toe for what seemed to be ages. Then as I look away cackling for the mighty giant is wounded badly, and must cast spells to continue grasping on for his life.

*BAM*
The beast has paralyzed me. "Oh, no" I welp in a calm voice. The giant casts upon me, and takes a mighty swing at me. The spell has injured me, and the hit has left me wounded. I run back away to heal myself as the giant starts a thunderous laugh making the ground move.

I ran into a wondering mage on his way to despise; I warn him of the stone giant, and he is off on his way.

So, my life is full again. I run back to try and defeat the stone giant. We did battle on soil known well to him so he is hideing in the bushes. Awaiting my return. As I passed a tree he lunges himself out at me. Casting everything he could to kill me. I answer back with several spirtual hammers. We battle furiously back and forth to see who gains control of the battle, and as I go in with my Snograz Scepter to do what might of been the last hit needed to slay the beast.

My Lustrious Aura has failed me! "No!!!" I wimpered as I knew the fate decided to me. As the mighty giant takes a swing at me. I manage to dodge his hit, and I fleed. As I was praying for Winchesters blessings. The stone giant has caught a glimpse of me threw the brush, and began to charge me.

Before I could finish my prayer. The beast has slain me.

I had sent my pigeon in several co-ordinants trying to seek someone to help. No pigeons return in my direction as I run back to town. Hopeing for at least a resurrection.

Finally! A pigeon from a dashing young lady named, Damona. Now Damona, and I have hunted many times. Not recently, but in the past. Before she had found pages to her necromancer book, nor did I know she had the pages when I contacted her pigeon. Her pigeon had a note attached to its foot saying, "Help is on the way".

Upon receiving the message. I ran back to my corpse where I had found my steed, Moon. Standing over a corpse, with nothing in the corpse. I got on my trusty steed, and started to run to the nearest town to get into my bank. Where I had kept a few spare foci incase a situation like this happened.

On the way I encountered Damona, and several of her friends to help that I had never met before. I briefed them on the situation, and I had decided to keep myself present, and see how this rescue mission would go without Winchesters help.

Damona begins summoning fire elementals as the rest of the group prepares to do battle. The three fire elementals look ready to do battle! Good I thought to myself, "This may go well as long as the fiery beings do not get banished."

The first round of the battle begins. The fire elementals rush the stone giant, and instantly they appear to be paralyzed in fear. The stone giant continues to wail on them as a strong archer begins thumping him with arrows, Damona casting spells hurting the beats, and a fighter type hits the beast. This battle lasts for roughly 25-30 seconds. In the end of this battle the giant appeared to be healthier then he was before the battle had begun.

As I witnessed this attempt. I did not think that this group was going to be expierenced enough to take on such a beast. So, I take off running for town. FINALLY. I get to town, and I am welcomed by the banker. I looked at the older gentleman, and requested to get a blessed empyrean foci. The banker gladly handed it over with great haste.

I had returned to the spot where the group had last been seen fighting the giant, and I see Damona trying to resurrect one of her friends. I thought this situation had gone from bad to worse. Just from seeing the ghost. I did not even bother looking at the giant to see how badly it was hurt. I figured your group had been wiped from the face of Pangaea.

So, I run a few more steps north, and without hesitation I uttered the words, "Advoco Praesidium".As I see an arrow fly, and strike the giant from out of my line of site, but it is too late! Winchester peers down on me from the heavens blessing me with his powers, and sends me five virtue guards.

The guards run up, and with one swing of his sword. Melvin, a virtue guards. Lops off the head of the stone giant.

I had tried apologizing to the members of the small group. However, they were not wanting to hear anything I had to say. With the most sincerest apologies that has ever left my mouth. I begged for their forgiveness only to be mocked, and still to this day I beg for their forgiveness of Damona, and your band of friends who had came to rescue me.

After being talked down too, and despised I ran off to the Inn to sleep. So that I could figure out a way to repay the ones who helped, and to this day. Still I wonder what I can do.

And as far as this "Lute" is considered. I have no idea what your speaking of. Since the guards slain the beast. The corpse of the stone giant had only my belongings inside.

**** Blame the Law. Its what everyone does******
Loyal follower of Winchester,
Dalton VanHosen
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

So thus, yet again, some people wish to lie about the Order of Law. How disappointing. Do not bother yourself, dear brother, with such nonsense, for you know what truly happened. Stay strong in your faith, as you have so far.

-Jonathan Icewind, Elder Priest of Law.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I hate to say it my friend but sadly this story is the truth, although I mean no offense towards anyone at all. I got this story from my good hunting partner Dias Strife and then read it here.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

You conducted yourself just fine, in my eyes, and the eyes of the elders of the Order of Law, Dalton VanHosen. Do not let those who are motivated by self-gain, and grandeur, instead of honour to help others upset you. Obviously there is a conflict of interest here, for those who skew the lines between honourable assistance, and profitable associations.

You do not need to explain your actions to anyone. But it truly saddens me to see how low some people are willing to go to make jabs at others. One moment, Order of Law is "condescending scum who look down upon mortals with contempt and never ask for help" to this distasteful lack of maturity. Dalton needed help, and I thank you for your expeditious mobilization to his aid, but if greed is what motivated you to do thus, and if money is all that you love, then that is what you shall receive.

If saving the life of a fellow hunter, regardless of his affiliations to guild, kin, or religion, is to have a price, then where do we draw the line? But if greed is your hunger, and your only talent is profit driven eloquency, and low-brow comments in attempt to make those feel belittled, remember this:

When he called, you needn't have answered. So do not complain when your services aren't overly required.

However, if it means that much to you for having restitution for your efforts in saving another human life, then I will grant you a reward for twenty thousand gold coins, or break it down evenly among those who were involved for you and yours to do with as you please.

And to the poster of the last message, Mr. Nameless, I ask you, do not add fuel to the flames. Honestly, were you involved? If your proof is only the word of another man, than leave it away from the eyes of those who would bend and twist your words.

It saddens me a great deal to see that one of my Officers cannot ask for assistance when needed, and instead of making sure he was ok, posted this nonsense for all to see.

That is all.

Signed,

~Geryn Farodae~
~Head Priest~
~Order of Law~

*Mumbles softly to himself, inaudible to anyone else something about how pathetic people are becoming before recalling to the Temple.*
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Order of Imperial is an alternative

And Malas is a fine place, the Imperialists are friendly as long as you don't provocate them

Eldaric
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Like Eldric said, we are not asking for problems, we just want to manage our lands and everybody is welcome.

Marcus - Consul.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Agen Kolar

Post by Agen Kolar »

Have this issue been solved? I'd like to know who do I have to avoid in the wilderness and who I can greet without fear.

- Agen
~ Heron Katsaros ~
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Well if you see a bard play with him, his name is Holger.
~ Holger Pious, Strings of Insanity