Dream a little dream of me

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Raemonn

Dream a little dream of me

Post by Raemonn »

"You will go where only your fellow black brothers will dare," He said; his voice the sound of crunching bones.
"I will, for you are my God; architect of the Inevitable End," Raemonn replied.
"You have embraced Me. Your ego has died, you do not exist. I am in you, as you are an extension of Me," He continued; his eyes the fury of a dying star.

The sky came down and Raemonn fell upwards into the ground. Before he hit the sky, his body had been ripped apart a thousand times, his tongue pulled out and shredded by His emissaries. The cackling of daemons, the cracking of bones; the ripping of skin, the hissing of three-headed snakes; Hell for most, blissfull release for Raemonn.

He hit the sky, only to see that the cosmos had turned again. Above him a swirling sea of flames in an otherwise dark world. The young knight carefully placed his hand on the warm, sticky, pulsating floor. It gnawed at his hands.
Pigeon: 691-280-878
Raemonn

Re: Dream a little dream of me

Post by Raemonn »

The floor gnawed at him, and swallowed him whole.

As is often the case in dreams and nightmares, the change of scenery happened abruptly, illogical and comfortable. The young knight was falling down, the ground far beneath him. Around him whirled rose petals in the wind, changing into bloody shards that lunged at him.

"You are a ghost, chasing time. There is none. There is no you," the spirit of Dennac growled in a thousand tongues.

The bloody shards ripped his flesh. Raemonn knew that he should have felt pain, but he also knew that he was dreaming. In dreams, one did not feel pain. One died, only to wake up.

Right?
Raemonn

Re: Dream a little dream of me

Post by Raemonn »

Raemonn exploded into a puff of smoke. Curls of smoke rolled and waved and curled, the particles of dust eventually settling into blazing stars. His material form had merged with the infinite expanse of the universe.

"False. Still your mind refuses to accept," Dennac hissed; his fiery eyes greater than the universe encompassed by Raemonn.

"I am infinite. I am nothing. I am you," Raemonn replied, defiantly.

The spirit of Dennac wailed, and all the stars and worlds that were the young knight withered and died.

"Your being is infinite, but as temporary as infinity itself. One day, everything will collapse into nothingness. You will stand alongside me, as a part of me, when everything ends. We bring nothing. I am no 'architect' of this 'Inevitable End', nor are you a worker laying the foundations."

A silence, as Raemonn collapsed upon itself; sniffing out the life that had formed within the expanse of his own universe. With a whimper everything had gone, and Raemonn, once again of one body and mind, was falling down a tunnel. Glowing runes lit up the tunnel walls. Although Raemonn could not read the markings, he instinctively knew that he was falling down through the world itself. The runes meant a million things in a million different things, but in essence they were little more than a warning: 'Innocence lost, can never be regained.'

The young knight had always expected Hell, or Chaos, to be smelling of sulfur and ash; to sound of screams and crushing bones. The earlier part of his journey, of the dream, had adhered to this pattern. As he fell ever deeper into the bowels of the world, Raemonn began to realize that the earlier parts of the dreams had been his doing. The way he had envisioned Dennac's domain to be. Throughout the dream, he had been given a glimpse of a certain truth. Although he still could not grasp it.

The fall ended with the touch of soft, wet moss. Raemonn found himself in a dark cave, a small light in the distance. The cave smelled of wet forest and late-summer rot. He saw little, but he felt a million souls staring intently at him. Slowly he got on his feet, his eyes adjusting to the darkness. Walking towards the light, Raemonn now saw it was a small campfire. Next to it sat a horrifying creature. It had the body of a daemonn, its head the skull of a buffalo. Two small lights glowed in the otherwise empty sockets; like souls being sniffed out of existence.

"Life and death are both illusion," Dennac said with a charming voice. "Existence is uncaring, indifferent and, as you have seen, temporary. Remake the world in your image, prove your superiority and be washed away by indifferent annihilation. In a world of indifference, only strength matters."

It took a while before Raemonn realized that he was now awake and lying on the floor of his Wind cell. He rose from his mattress, lit a beeswax candle, took a quill and parchment; and started to write.