A Philosophy of Dennac

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Raemonn

A Philosophy of Dennac

Post by Raemonn »

A Philosophy of Dennac
By Raemonn Aldshayn. To be published at a later date.

"The unenlightened spirit of the small mind craves dichotomies to bring order to, and make sense of a chaotic world. This man - let us call him the Slave - refuses to sail the waves of chaos, refuses to make himself Master of the world. Instead relying on half-truths and comforting lies. Remember! The Master knows that Dark is not evil, and that Light is not good."

Preface

I am writing these words in order to clarify the philosophy of Dennac, the Harbinger of the Inevitable, the Potentate of Truth and Coryphaeus of Infinity. In this day and age, there are many stories, lies, half-truths and ideas circulating regarding Dennac and His message. This work aims to dispell the false notions held, and spread by the heathens of Law and Nature and to formulate - in a more structured way - one philosophy of Dennac and Tekstone. If the reader of this tome decides to go his way after reading this short preface, let it be known to him that:

Dennac and the Cult of Tekstone do not represent meaningless destruction and death. They represent true life.
Pigeon: 691-280-878
Raemonn

Re: A Philosophy of Dennac

Post by Raemonn »

Chapter I. The Myth of Death, the Truth of Unlife

As one walks the cobblestoned roads of decaying Britain, one might on occasion witness ethereal spirits scurrying hurredly towards the healer's office. These - quite literally - unfortunate souls might have succumbed to the alchemist's poison, the monster's claw, the daemon's spell or a fellow Man's sword, and they are, for all intents and purposes, dead. The healers of Britain, like anyone who has mastered the Arcane arts, is capable of bringing dead souls back from the netherworld.

I posit the question: what measure is death, if one never truly dies?

And by 'death' I mean the definite separation of the continuum between the world and netherworld! We can die a thousand deaths to fire and iron. We can be mauled by daemonic claws or crushed by dragon's teeth; yet we can always return to a physical state, if only to die again the next time we descend into Shame or Storm. This, I propose, is the myth of death. When the maul crushes our skull, when the Flamestrike consumes the skin, we might silently scream: "I have died!", yet, truly, we have not. A different form of life, but not death.

If life is a seemless continuum between these two states of being, than the opposite must be Unlife. The cessation of existence itself. The world we walk, was once brought into being. And one day it will end. Those who follow Gaea embrace existence. They sing praises for the trees, for the birds, for the flowers; believing the world to be infinite. This is a false notion. Existence as we know it, as we experience it, will end. Unlife, we can call the state of nothing as Existence collapses upon itself. Only Dennac, realizing the futility of Gaea's little world and those who inhabit it, has promised a transcendent existence after the End. All he asks in return is for his followers to hasten the inevitable, hence his title 'Harbinger of the Inevitable.'

Dennac will reward his followers for their bravery in escaping the chains of conventional thought with an eternal existence in his realm. Our enemies might claim that the Cult seeks death and destruction. Oh, how misguided they are! The Cult is the only religion that embraces eternity. By acknowledging and accepting our inevitable physical destruction, the Cultists are truly Masters of the world.