The Discovery of a Child

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Dyne

The Discovery of a Child

Post by Dyne »

One day a Dwarf by the name of Dyneis Stormforge, was out in the woods of minoc looking for his packmule Bobo after they were attacked by an Earth elemental he had disturbed while mining. after about an hour of Wondering he spotted Bobo at the bottom of a hill then called for him.
However Bobo didnt budge, instead He looked back at Dyneis for a moment then turned back around and stuck his head in some tall grass. this struck Dyneis as very odd for Bobo had been his packmule for 7 years and had never disobeyed a command before. Trying to recall how long it was since he last fed his pet he walked over calmly to his pet and when he was no more than an arms span a way a high pitched bloodcurdling cry went threw the air. Both Master and pet Jumped back a step. Dynies put a hand on his war hammer and scanned the area...
after a few very tense moments he lowered his guard then grabed Bobo by the reins and began to lead him away after a few short steps the reins on his pet tightened, he turned around to his pet and said "Bobo why are you being so stubborn all of a sudden? Its not like you to.." Then he glanced down to where his friend had his head buried earlier and seen movement.
Whatever it was didnt seem to upset Bobo so he didnt worry. (Bobo being a very faithfull friend always had a unique way of letting his master know of danger... By bolting as fast as he could.)
Dyneis bent down and seen a baby wraped in a deep dark green blanket. "So this was the source of that awful sound" Dyneis said aloud to himself. "Now what be the likes of one as small as you be doing out here all alone? Dyneis Sniffed the baby, for his sence of smell was unequal. "Well your a human alright only they have that stink to them. but whats worse is i smell blood." He gently lifted the baby and found blood on the left side of his blanket, then he Inhaled deeply over the blood, then spit on the ground. "Blech Troll Blood" Baby in one arm War hammer in other he walked over to the nearest hill. The sent of death was in the air, Then he spotted Footprints. "This could get Nasty, Bobo come here." Bobo did what was requested of him and trotted over to his friend. Dyneis then took off his cloak and made a suitable Seat in a side pouch that the baby could lay in. Then he said "You stay here If you see danger Go! but Mind there is a younin on board that would not benifit from too rough a pace.
Dyneis then Grasped his war hammer in both hands and headed in the direction from which the odder was coming. a quarter of a mile later he found what he was looking for. but wished he had not. 7 trolls lay dead and a female human clove in two at the chest with a horrid and sad expression on her face. Then he heard it. Sounds of an ongoing battle!! Dyneis Raced down the vally and around a great oak he saw a man being feeled by a troll of huge standards even by a trolls measurements. Yet the troll was far from unscaved. Dyneis having a personal vendetta against trolls himself Let out a war cry and charged the troll. The troll Turned but seemed not even to have the strength to raise its warmace to deffend himself je stood there with a cursing look upon his face as Dyneis, having the advantage of high ground Lept in the Air then Found his mark Squarely on the left Temple of the exhausted Troll. The warhammer Buried itself in the trolls head then the Troll fell limp.
Dyneis looked over at the man he was too late to save and to his surprise he was conscious! dyneis ran to his aid. " Don't... Krrgah!.... Bother im done for." said the warrior. "You are fatily wounded he puncherd a lung with that last blow" said Dyneis. "I know.. im Done Fff ore, Tell me Did you Seee, See my mate and child.." Dyneis sighed and said "Aye im sorry but your female is dead yet your child is safe. Tell me Why were you set upon by so many Trolls and in this place, they are not native to this region." The warrior replied " they were assassins sent to destroy my bloodline,*cough* please take care of my son. Here i want you to take this Dont look upon it Destory it, its yet one thing they are after they can not get"
"who are." Dyneis started.
"dont ask, you dont want to know, just know the world will only see turmoil if they get their hands on it." the warrior interrupted.
The warrior then handed the dwarf something warped in buckskin tied with many starps of sturdy leather.
"throw that in the ocean or burn it in your largest forge,and here take these gold bars to help raise my child ill have no use of them where i am.... Go"
The man's arm fell limp as it was stretching out to hand the dwarf something in a different bag.
Dyneis lowerd his head and said a prayer then opened the bag and found Solid gold bars..
After the warnings of the warrior he was wise enough to place the war hammer in the dead warriors out stretched hand knowing full well trolls use them from time to time. Had this been any other occasion he wold have buried the humans but under the circumstances he knew to leave well enough alone.
On the way back Dyneis Contemplated his Delema. Raising a child is one thing, a HUMAN child another all together. But a Human child with an unknown force seeking the destruction of his bloodline... it was unheard of to Dyneis. he soon arrived back to Bobo. Well my friend we have another mouth to feed it seems. Dyneis decided not to tell anyone with the exception of his wife, who to Dyneis Surprise was quiet thrilled with his decision, Apparently she had been wanting a child for years! However... Once he gave her the grave details about the circumstances... She completely Didn't Care!... " Ohhh hush now with all that well just keep the wee thing inside for a few years and no one will know the what for's" She snapped. So they raised the child as their own. All Dyneis could do was just shake his head and Smile at his wife's attitude about the situation. Well Little one it is settled ( clan traditions forbid him from passing on his last name to the boy until he proved himself to the clan. so the couple named him Dyne, Dyne Stormhammer. however how were the couple to see what strange adventures the boy would have only 14 years later.....