Darian's prayer

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Darian Darkmind

Darian's prayer

Post by Darian Darkmind »

For the one last time in the next upcoming months, Darian lays her hands on the black altar of Dennac to kneel down. She closes her eyes for a silent prayer.

There is a war coming. War is nothing new to Darian, but this time it is still different. It is a war against her own brothers, people she once trusted. People she allowed the control of Tekstone to. People who've then failed both her and Dennac. This war is something Darian has never had to fight before, but this time it is necessary. It was her error that lead to it and she shares the burden of that failure.

My lord, I bow down before thee and the eight Forgotten Lords.
I ask for your forgiveness for I have failed you.
I've allowed the proud Cult of Tekstone to fall and grow weak.
I've allowed it to fall in the hands of incompetent men,
weak in mind and vision, unable to do what is necessary
I, your most loyal servant have stood idle and done nothing.
I've done nothing to change its course and that failure is on me.

They will call me a traitor, they will curse me and they will try to cast me out,
but know I do only what is necessary, know I will not fail you again.
I have to act and cast out the weakness currently tainting our Order.
No more will I stand idle and do nothing as all we've worked for crumbles to ash.
No longer will I watch aside as Tekstone grows weak,
I have a plan not only to destroy our enemies, but to strengthen Tekstone
It is time to take action, grant me your blessing and I will return,
I will return with Tekstone united and stronger than ever

Darian opens her eyes and slowly pulls herself up from the altar. With heavy thought she takes one last good and careful look around her old home, a home once filled with her brothers, now reminding her of her failure, echoing of nothing but emptiness, betrayal and lies.
Darian Darkmind

Re: Darian's prayer

When Lila North first approached Darian asking to join the Cult of Tekstone, Darian wasn't only surprised, but she thought her crazy. Then again, Darian had seen crazier things in her life so she gave her the benefit of doubt. She was amused by Lila's request and presented it to the leaders of the Tekstone. Needless to say, she was declined. An enemy of Tekstone, not to mention the very Head Priestess of Gaea is good for nothing but served as food to the hounds.

When Darian gave Lila North the news of her rejection, she surprised Darian yet again. This time she had indeed lost her mind. Not only did she want to join Tekstone, but now she wanted to overthrow the current leadership. Claiming Dennac favors the strong and the bold and how the current leadership is weak and wrong, Darian couldn't but laugh. Darian didn't need a lecture of what Dennac wants, least of all from the Head Priestess of Nature. Why in the hell would she allow such thing, why would she ever consider helping her. Darian was furious and wanted to crush Lila's skull in, pull out her eyes and feed them to the ravens. She was outrageous to even hear of such, but at the same time she was humored. Such jokes she had not heard in years. What was Lila thinking to expect Darian would ever betray not only her own, but Dennac as well by letting in weak scums and dogs like Lila and her minions.

Although Darian first ignored Lila's pleas and plans, through the next weeks a new, greater plan began to form in her mind. If Lila wanted Darian to betray all she had worked so long and so hard for, why wouldn't she return the favor to Lila instead. If betrayal is what she wants, let her feel true betrayal. The more she thought of it, the more it all made sense. It was a master-plan. If successful, not only would she deliver a death-blow to Nature, but also strengthen the Cult of Tekstone. Eager to the scheme her new plans, Darian wondered whether to contact and share her plan with the current leadership of Tekstone or not.

Although the Cult of Tekstone had stayed idle, weak and small in numbers for a long time, now with the lead of this new, even if unknown monk, the cult was showing new signs of promise. There was great potential in Leif and Darian was pleased with his efforts. The Cult was finally receiving new members, but at the same time Darian thought Leif could do better. He was still new and inexperienced. Even though the thought of betrayal sickened her, she knew it is sometimes necessary.

"Sometimes true dedication means betrayal.
Sometimes true faith requires abandonment.
Sometimes you leave all you once held dear,
only to return stronger and more dedicated."

With all her wisdom she knew the men are best pushed to greatness when given a strong cause. Hate and vengeance, accompanied with both honor and duty are some of the strongest motivators a man can have. Even though it felt bad to work behind their backs, she knew if she doesn't include Leif in her plans, Leif will genuinely show his true capability to lead Tekstone. Darian had all her trust on him, she knew Leif will not fail, but still a little push is always welcomed to turn something with great potential from good to pure excellence and brilliance. To include him in her plans would risk not having the best outcome.

Darian contacted Lila with a list of names and a simple task: If betrayal is what Lila was after, then force her to betray everything she is, make her corrupt and convert all the members of Nature mentioned in the list and if successful, Lila will get what she desired, the keys to Cult of Tekstone. "Whatever it takes", was Darian's last tip to Lila.

Chuckling, Darian left Lila behind doubting she has what it takes to fill such task. After all, even if blind, there were names of some strong and devout followers of Gaea in the list. They will never falter, she thought. Darian didn't care though, even if Lila fails, it will cause some havoc and destruction within their Order. In the best case scenario, whole Nature falls. In the worst case scenario, only Lila.

Darian had almost forgotten all of it when she received a letter from Lila with a simple word "Done". Almost impossible to believe, Darian set up a meeting with her.

Upon meeting with Lila, she found herself surrounded by her old enemies. On a normal day, she would feel uncomfortable, but today they were all there to bow and accept Dennac's grace upon them. It was impressive to say the least. Darian had to give her that. She never thought Lila had what it took to pull it off, but apparently Lila had more influence on them than she thought. Although one look at the men and Darian could see right through them and their reasons to join. Even though most of them were still devout to the bitch god Gaea, Darian cared not. They were weak in mind. Believing they are secretly working for Gaea to infiltrate Tekstone and destroy it from within, Darian knew better than to worry. Once a man has a taste of Dennac's power, all that was left of Gaea will fade. Stronger men had fallen to Dennac's calling and most of these men were nothing but puppets. They will not last for long and even if they did, bit by bit they will lose what little hold Gaea still have on them. The more they spend time with the seed of Chaos planted inside them, the stronger it grows and the more they learn to enjoy it. Eventually they will all embrace it. It is then when whatever hold Gaea had on them will be gone…. and by then they have truly lost.

Being well aware she will be deemed traitor and an enemy of the cult, with a wicked smile Darian welcomed her new brothers and sisters in to Tekstone.
Darian Darkmind

Days passed and Darian read the reports and saw how Leif worked harder than ever before to recruit both old and new members to Tekstone. Seeing her very own sister, Selena, who had vanished long ago, returning to the ranks of Tekstone was very pleasant surprise to Darian. It was like she had anticipated. She knew her brothers. Leif Arnason, Castiel and Alus Vitellus are men who will never surrender. They will fight to the bitter end and beyond. They will work as hard as it is necessary to defeat the revolution. All it took was a little push and those who had once forgotten and lost their will, were now filled with fire and hate toward her. It was that hate that gave them a cause, something they were absent of for so long. Although she felt proud, she was afraid it was still too soon.

Darian found her way to a small and dark cave hidden from the world and most of all, from all and any pair of eyes lurking and spying in the shadows. Surrounded by candles, Darian kneeled down for another prayer.

My Lord, the plan is beginning to set in place,
You will soon have the worthy army, united and strong
It is much like I anticipated, marking me a traitor and a betrayer,
your true followers have found a new cause, a stronger hate

It is that hate toward me that has united them, strengthened them,
exceeded all their limitations and given them the will to do what is necessary.
More and more of new apprentices find their way to the Cult of Tekstone,
Rallying under the true leader, Leif Arnasson, they are accepting you to their hearts.

While I am impressed by them, I am afraid it is still too soon
If I end this now, I am afraid all their work goes to waste,
The new recruits are still young and weak,
and without a cause, they will shatter and fade to whichever shadows they lurked out from

This is my hardest decision yet, the very thought of it twists my guts
I ask for your forgiveness my Lord, for what I am to do is a sacrilege

Darian paused. The very thought of what she was about to do pained her. She had schemed many plans in her life. She had gambled with her life and the lives of those dear to her before, but never like this. It was a disgrace. "Fuck!", she screamed and pushed herself up. "God damnit!", she repeated a couple more time. Kicking a candle aside and pulling her hair she crashed to the ground. Silently she sat there for how long, she does not know. She lost the track of time until she felt something she hadn't felt in a long time: Tears. She hadn't felt tears since her family was murdered.

She took a deep breath. She closed her eyes and prayed for an answer. But she knew better, she knew Dennac will not give her an answer. Knowing Dennac will not tell her what to do, she pulled her hands into a fist and filled with anger the thought filled her head. It is the right thing to do, it must be done, yet it is a sacrilege. She is about to gamble with the very future of Tekstone. With all she loves. If her faith and trust on Leif is misplaced, the Tekstone will fall to her enemies, to Lila North and her minions. Yet when she opened her eyes she was filled with a certain peace of mind and clarification.

I must do what is necessary, I must grant Lila North the power of Tekstone
It is out of love to Tekstone and out of love to you my Lord that I must take this one step further

Know I have full trust on Leif Arnason and your true believers,
I have full faith they will succeed, they must succeed
They will gather a strong army and they will rinse out the false believers within our ranks, one by one.
They will, they must or they weren't worthy of your embrace to begin with.

Darian paused for another moment. Laying her head down and slowly shaking hear head she whispered her last wish.

Leif, don't you dare to fail me now…

Darian pulled herself up and blew off the candles. Her mind was set. This was not what she had planned to do, the plan was to double-cross them, betray Lila and give her a taste of her own betrayal. Leave them homeless, powerless and lost. However, it was too soon for that. To end the revolution now would mean the fall of the true Tekstone, the one that is so quickly growing in strength. If she ended it now, she was afraid all who had joined would leave once more. Her own sister included. "Only if I had more time", she thought.

Darian knew the war will last for months and there were many things that could go wrong, but she knows Leif, Castiel and Alus Vitellus will never give up, which is something Lila North is not prepared for. Lila believes they will give up, leave and slowly fade away to a distant memory. Obviously Lila has not met the men. They will fight to the end and they will come out victorious. They will hate Darian for what she has done, but maybe through time they will learn to understand what she did was for the best of Tekstone. It will grow strong.

Darian turned around, "The game is set", she whispered. Walking out of the cave a disgusting thought crossed her mind. "What if Lila North succeeds…", the thought forced itself into her skull and refused to leave. It is a risk worth gambling. "If she does, then it is Dennac's will", Darian found comfort knowing whichever way the war ends, she has succeeded.

Tekstone will be strong.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Darian returned to Lila's hideout, to the outpost all the imposters had learned to call their home. In there she was greeted by her new brothers and sisters. Disgusted, Darian had to watch as they were bragging and telling tales of their fake glory. They were all weak and unworthy of her time not to mention of Dennac's embrace. Yet Darian had to smile and pretend she couldn't see right through them.

The day they had been waiting for was upon them all, the day of reckoning. Darian took a careful look at her band of misfits. After this there was no turning back. The time had come to grant them the power she had promised Lila North. Knowing it is a sacrilege, with the very thought twisting inside her, she had to do what was necessary. What she had promised. Now one step closer of Lila taking over the Cult of Tekstone and one step closer of Darian possibly losing all she held dear, the followers of Gaea were granted more power. The only joy and comfort she found in her action was to know Dennac's power will eventually consume all their hearts and souls. Even though she knew they will all fall the thought never seized to disgust her.

Yet, the past month had been heavy on her mind as well. Where she once saw everything so clearly, now her thoughts were clouded by doubt. She weighted the heavy thoughts in her mind unsure of her next action.

On one hand she has the old Tekstone, her old brothers, her family she had always trusted and shared blood with. She had all the faith in the world, to the very end she trusted they'd act and bring an end to the revolution while strengthening the weakened cult. That was her plan and Leif did a great job strengthening their numbers, but the task was not over yet. Praying for her old brothers to continue in their great work, Darian took another look at Lila North and her cohort of dogs.

On the other hand she has her old enemies, Lila North and the rest who now trust her, call her a friend and are prepared to do what is necessary. People who sacrificed everything they had and believed Darian's schemes and lies. Although the motives for some of them were wrong and although some were false believers, the time they've spent with the seed of chaos growing within has slowly but surely succumbed them deeper and closer to the power that is Dennac. Darian observed and saw how even the strongest were consumed by it, how one after another they fell, while not even aware of doing so. The Order of Nature had been defeated and soon Lila North and her dogs will fall as well.

Yes, the day was upon them and the past few weeks, no matter how heavy they had been, were nothing but the beginning of the true challenge. The true challenge of Tekstone was upon them. War. Brother against Brother to determine the outcome of the revolution. Lila North and her cohorts would now be on their own. It was time for them to proof their worth before the eyes of Dennac. They either fought and prevailed or died trying. Darian wished for the latter.

Or so was the plan.

Once the rituals were over and Darian had granted them the greater blessing of Dennac, Lila North requested an audience with Darian. Following Lila to the roof of the outpost Lila congratulated her. Smooth-talk, Darian thought instantly and forced a smile on her face. She knew better than that. She didn't need or care to listen for such bullshit. Only if Lila knew the truth of her motives, she thought and chuckled out loud. "I have a gift for you", Lila continued. First smooth-talk and now gifts, was she proposing her, Darian couldn't help but laugh out. "Oh really?", she asked, humored by Lila's affection.

"Yes", Lila said pulling out a wrap of red velvet. Unwrapping it revealed a black and carved dagger, freshly and perfectly crafted engraved with Darian's name. She was surprised, she had to admit. The dagger was indeed impressive and beautiful. Darian was intrigued to say the least, but she hid her curiosity well under a warm smile. "Must say I wasn't expecting a gift this beautiful… or a gift at all", she chuckled. "What can I say, we are grateful for you. None of this had been possible if it wasn't for you", Lila explained her motives. Offering the dagger, Lila expanded her arms for a hug. "What a weakling", rolling her eyes Darian thought to herself, but once more forced a smile on her face. A little hug has never killed anyone and she welcomed Lila's arms around her. "Without you, none of this had been possible", Lila whispered and tightened her grip around Darian.

With a quick and sharp pain cutting through her, Darian's smile turned to a grin of agony. Betrayal. Lila had thrust the dagger through Darian's gut. She twisted the carved knife, pulled it upward and twisted again until she pulled it out with blood bursting out from the deadly wound. Darian spit out blood. "You…", she fell on her knees, grinding her teeth together and holding her wound with one hand while trying to grasp Lila's robes with the other. Lila stepped back. Darian's true self revealed itself as the hate grew out from under her disguise. Looking around, trying to find a weapon, anything to use to fight Lila, Darian fell on her hands. "You…", she repeated with a louder voice wanting to scream the word traitor, but then it all occurred to her. Lila was more than she had thought. Darian took her for a fool only to be fooled herself. She gambled and she lost never expecting that they too can cheat.

Her grin soon turned to a smile, then to a chuckle and eventually to burst of laughter. While Lila's motives to join Tekstone might have been wrong, she clearly has what it takes to lead it. Spitting out blood with each laugh, she could feel her strength and spirit escaping from her grasp. "You surprised me…", she swallowed her blood and pain. "You're nothing like I thought", she continued with a chuckle. "You are a lot…", she was interrupted by Lila. "Stronger?", Lila added and with a single quick and swift move she cut Darian's throat forever silencing her. Embraced by the cold stone of the outpost's roof, this was where the Avatar of Dennac would take her last breath.

Darian had always wanted Tekstone to be something greater, something better. In her youth she too had enjoyed her share of mayhem and destruction, killing for the pure pleasure of joy, but in her years of war she gained wisdom to see the greater picture. For millenniums Dennac and Gaea had been at war. The one thing in common with all the previous circles was that each time the world was destroyed and left in chaos. In each Circle of Creation Gaea built the world only to be followed by a Circle of Destruction where Dennac destroyed it. Each time the world ended up in flames. Each time Gaea was defeated, but being an infinite god, she could never be killed. With Gaea defeated and Dennac leaving the world, the world was always left in turmoil. With no one to help or lead them, the race of men succumbed into chaos and anarchy destroying any hope of order. In due time when Gaea returned and the new Circle of Creation began, what was left of the race of men quickly accepted Gaea as their savior, hero and god. She brought order where chaos prevailed. Eventually Dennac returned and the war continued. So it had been eight time before and so it was destined to repeat in the Ninth Circle.

Darian wanted to end all this. Darian wanted to defeat Gaea, but not destroy the world. She wanted the Ninth Circle to be the last, the never ending circle where Gaea is truly defeated. Darian saw that should she change the methods they used they could not only defeat Gaea, but ensure the race of men still had order and the world continued to be. Only this way could she ensure that when the day comes and Gaea returns, she returns to a world where she is no longer needed, she returns to a world filled with men who won't accept her. And only when her own creation, the race of men abandons her can we say Gaea is truly defeated. Only then, in due time her name will be lost and she will fade away, forgotten in the eternity.

For years Darian tried to change Tekstone. She signed the alliance with the Order of Law promising them both help against the Imperial upraise as well as the control of the whole world should they help Tekstone against Gaea. It was a plan to build the perfect world absent of the need of Gaea, yet filled with order. The plan seemed to work, for the first time ever Tekstone was considered "good". They needed not destruction, they needed not kill innocents to fill their plan. Imperial was defeated and Gaea was at her knees, but Tekstone was betrayed. Tekstone fell. The alliance shattered, the war continued. Years passed and Tekstone succumbed back to its old methods until Darion Al'Ferran was chosen to lead it. It was then Darian whispered the thought of a new alliance, this time with the Order of Imperial. Once more an alliance was signed, once more the world was at their grasp and Darian's plan seemed to work. Yet, in due time, Tekstone fell just like before and the alliance was broken leaving Tekstone to linger toward its old habits. Darian did her best to avoid full-out war with the Imperial and although Alus Vitellus and the rest seemed to grief for it, a peace was ultimately achieved. Yet it made Darian see her brothers for what they truly were: blood-hungry killers.

After two failed attempts of bringing order to the world, Darian realized the problem was not in the alliances or in the idea of a perfect world. The problem was Tekstone itself. Tekstone is a great tool of destruction filled with men of mayhem, but destruction is not what she wanted. She wanted order. There was no wonder the alliances between the kingdoms were doomed to fail when those upholding it were consumed with hate and thriven in chaos. The Tekstone was filled with murderous thugs who gave no thought of tomorrow, whose only joy in life was war and bloodshed. Such men could never bring order to the world. Trying to save something like that, trying to make it something greater was futile, because it would always fall back to its own impossibility and back to its old habits. For the first time ever Darian questioned the need of Tekstone. Why fight for Tekstone, why try to save and bring greatness to something that is a failed experiment?

On her dying breath, trying to grasp for air in vain, Darian reached out to take the one last careful look at her old enemies. She saw a group whose souls were not consumed by war, whose visions were not clouded by hate and who did not hunger for blood and destruction, but who instead did only what was necessary. She looked at them and she saw herself. She had what she always wanted Tekstone to be, but what it always failed to be.

The day of reckoning indeed was upon them, but it was not like she had thought. The feeling of disgust was gone. She now saw her old enemies in a new light. She saw them for what they truly were. They were the chosen of Dennac, she was certain of it. They were the ones able to defeat Gaea and bring forth the Dennac's Perfect World. Her dying wish was they stay true to their cause and would not give in, would not fall to the temptation of hate, chaos and destruction. She wished they would not fall to the same fate as Tekstone. The last smile spread upon Darian, but this time it was for real. There was no more faking it and there was no more doubt or disgust in her mind. It was all clear now. On her last breath she felt clarity, she felt peace... she felt Dennac…

Darian Darkmind is dead.