How It Began : Butterflies In Her Stomach

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Bella Pious

How It Began : Butterflies In Her Stomach

Post by Bella Pious »

An eagle and a snow owl arrived at the attic window of the Nujelm palace at almost the same time, each carrying a letter, one for Mr. Pious and one for Mrs. Pious respectively. The conversation amongst the dining families suddenly stopped, when both Talerco Pious and Bella Pious showed intense attention on the letter each was reading. "I'd never thought I would live to see this. " Talerco commented, put the letter aside and continued with his breakfast. "The Cult is no longer my concern, dear, but I do feel for you...," he looked at his wife's eyes which looked back at him with shock and worry. "I see your friends' names on the list. " Talerco added, "quite a few of them. "

"Viola, I think I am done with my food now. " Bella blankly stood up from her seat, looking pale. "Are you alright, Mistress? You barely touched your food. " "Yes, I am fine. Just bring me some tea for my stomach if you would please. I feel I have butterflies in my stomach. Please do excuse me. "

At the door way, Bella turned as if she just remembered something, "Marius must be worrying sick of his brothers when he hears the news. If Mr. Tealeaf wishes, he can take as many days off as needed to attend to his family business. "

After Bella had disappeared from sight, Viola the tea girl went to kitchen to make Bella's tea. "Butterflies? Hm ... Oh! I know what kills butterflies!" Viola grinned happily, showing her imperfect teeth, and headed down to the basement to fetch her special garden supply.
Last edited by Bella Pious on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bella Pious

Re: Butterflies in her stomach

Post by Bella Pious »

Raziel and Daren were her close friends, but their names were now on the "Wanted" list the Nujelm guards had handed out door by door. Neal's pigeon also arrived, not only confirming that Raz and Daren had forsaken the ways of Nature, but also the news of his resignation. After Erik Stanqis had passed away, these three had been her remaining tie with the Order of Nature. Neal and Daren had been the most faithful, and Raz the most pure and kind. How could she lose them all in a matter of 3 nights?

Viola's tea worked wonder, as usual, in its unique and mysterious ways.

It had made Bella stay in bed for a couple more days. She felt so ill that she spent most of the days sleeping and had no energy to rush into action. By the time she recovered her strength, she also discovered her resolution to this disastrous situation. Neal had gotten himself an one-way boat fare with no retuning date, but it had a departure date! Bella put the letter in her journal, burnt the town notice, and sailed for Britain.

The town smelled foul.
It was filled with rotten smell of death and it unsettled her Nightmare. But she must find Neal, even if she had to trot over dead bodies and burnt houses. Finally she found him at the North building of Britain, and there she met Shednil.
Shednil

Post by Shednil »

Shednil had awaken in her room earlier that day in the temple, she felt confused and sad that she was unable to help her friends that only wished the world good.
She got dressed and walked out of her room, looking at the long dark hall in front of her, it felt so empty as she made her way through it, only hearing her own footsteps as she looked at the names at the different rooms, names of friends she was not even sure if she would see again.
It was hard to feel Gaea within her at this time, the steps up the stairs felt as an eternity while the thoughts of the past days kept her confused, she could still not understand how it could have come to this, could it really be Gaea's wish?

She finally found herself at the altar and felt relived as she fell down to her knees before it, holding one hand on the edge of it as she prayed for answers, guidance and at the end just a sign. She looked up at it, it felt cold.

The altar that had just weeks before filled the room with light and serenity as her godess more clearly then ever spoke with her. It told her of the darkness to come and that she need to stay strong in herself and her faith to Gaea.
Something was not right, she got back up to her feet and decided she need to find someone, there must be someone else in the order she could speak with?
It was three days ago she had spoken with Lila, their leader and one she look up to. Lila that always wanted the best for their order and was always there to help her, Lila had now asked her to help her in return.
To help both Lila and most of her order that joined the cult in order to destroy Dennac. Shednil was asked to come with them and be strong, just as Gaea asked her to be. To fill her friends with faith and remember them of the warmth and love of Gaea even as they sworn to follow a god of darkness. Shednil was not sure how she would be able to help them, she used to talk of Gaea and her ways to everyone that would like to listen but she was not sure she would be strong enough to resist the power of Dennac once she opened herself to him.

When she reached Britain she saw Neal fighting against the plagues and sickness that was brought upon the city, The only one she seen that was still in the order after all that had happened.
Shednil was filled with faith and happiness once again as she spoke with him and he's friend Bella even if it was short lived when he told her what he planned.
Neal

Post by Neal »

Lila
Jeremiah
Mordread
Carlos Dargon
Carlton

Neal smashed his fist on the desk. These brothers resigned from their posts over night. He took a deep breath before he continued with the list.

Daren
Raziel
Celebrindus
Ardamir
Atlantis

A roar was heard even at the outer wall of the Nature Temple and made the guards put their hands on their swords for any alerm.
It sounded like a wounded, angry beast. Inside the temple its even worse, the echo toured around in the now empty Hall. Outside,
quick horse galloped into the garden entrance and a scout rushed in for report. He seemed very happy to find Neal. "Brother
Neal, there are reports of Plagues spotted in Britain, as well as Vesper, and the woods around here!" Neal jumped on his feet,
"I will get right on it. Also inform .." he grinded his teeth to try to think of a name,".. Sister Shednil as well."

His scepter, his steed, and his holy words were like part of his body armor, after living and surviving and conquering with them for 10 years.
In the name of Gaea, he performed like an accurate machine in countless Winters, summers, days, and nights. He no longer felt the
poison and faul smell of the plagued, and he no longer felt emotion ending the lives of the plague bearers. It was his duty, in the name
of Gaea. However, today it was slightly different, because with every strike he made, there was fury.

Betrayed. Deserted. Lost.

If they had been united brothers and sisters, they would have stood in this together. They would have gone to him and told him of their
puzzled minds. Part of him was angry because they had excluded him, but maybe they had done so because they had known he would
have tried to stopped them. This was madness. Yes, maybe they felt they had known Dennac's Servants well after years of battling with
them, but did they really know Dennac? Was the faith for Gaea that drove them mad? Or the ambition userped by Dennac?

"Die!" He exclaimed and waved his scepter. Holy words came out of his mouth with great power and those infested plague bearers
sqeached in agony and withered. His face was covered in blood and sweat, and he looked at the town. The day was saved, but his
brothers lost. He suddenly felt emptyness inside him.

In the next 3 days, Neal tried to pray. He prayed for the power of Gaea, for an answer of why he would lose his brothers and sisters to
Dennac, and way to guide Her people. But the Goddess had silent Her tongue. He realized he had no heard Her voice in the past years.
He used to think the power of his words, the cleaning the towns, the protection of his auroma, were the proof that Gaea was with him.
Was he wrong? Had Her forsaken him as well?

Instead of turning against the purpose he had sworn to serve, like his lost brothers and sisters, Neal chose exile. Armored for that one
purpose he had believed to be true, or resigned and left all the power. He sent notes to a few remaining friends, packed his belongings,
and went to wait for his departure boat.
Neal

Post by Neal »

Last edited by Neal on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bella Pious

Re: How It Begain : Butterflies In Her Stomach

Post by Bella Pious »

In her dream, there was this face of a girl, weary and longing. How difficult it must have been for Shednil, Bella thought. While the men devoted themselves in battles - in the name of their deity - the women could only helplessly pray and wait. Bella Pious had known this feeling too well. "Miss Shednil, lets walk you home. Nothing works better than some food and a good night sleep. Tomorrow you will feel better." She remembered herself having told the girl so when they had seen Neal off that day.

And yet her own rest would not come to her, every morning she woke up feeling tired. Today in between her patient appointments, she found herself wandered to Yew. There, she paid the stable master to look after her mare, bought a few freshly made local bread and cheese, and took a little walk towards the Temple of Gaea. Its peacefulness made Bella watch her steps. She walked lightly, afraid to bring noise to the chirping of the birds. The temple was bright and airy, and in there breezes of spring brought in sweet scent of unknown flowers. Bella found a bench and sat there with her eyes closed, meditating for a moment of peace.

A soft voice whispered to her. "It is so good to see you here. How are you?"
Bella opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Shednil. "Miss Shednil. I am fine. How are you?"
"I am better now, thank you. You looked very troubled. What was on your mind?"
Shednil asked.
"Just worried about my friends. Any news from Neal?" Bella asked hopefully.
Shednil shook her head. "Though I'd very much like to have him here with me this very moment."

Bella nodded. "Would you be so kind to... show me his room?" she pleaded. The women walked down to the private corridor under the main floor. It felt cold and their small steps made echo in the empty hallway. Most rooms with name tags were empty, unwanted and deserted, but Neal's room still had temperature. It was very simple, tidy, and homely. The women stayed in that room for a bit, as if they tried to remember him hard enough, he would return.

Talerco Pious

Re: How It Began : Butterflies In Her Stomach

Post by Talerco Pious »

OK. This woman is not going to let him rest tonight, or so it seems. Talerco Pious grunted and gave up. This is worse than battle nights, he thought. His wife had been moaning and turning in her sleep for the past few nights, and often muttered the names of other men. Well, Raziel was a boy, and Daren too old. When the name changed to Neal, Talerco raised a disapproving brow but chose to ignore that. He knew it would be pointless to convince her to not think of them at a time like this. But it did start to concern him now, that his woman was obviously killing herself slowly. She did not seem to enjoy her food anymore, hardly slept, and was getting thinner. However, she still went out everyday for most of the day to tend to her patients. Now she is muttering something about "temple". Something has to be done, Talerco decided. Judging the sun was about to raise, he might as well get up and practice his archery, while clearing his thought.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

The spring is coming. After a long long winter, the spring is finally coming!

Although Nujel'm was never a cold place, it was still clear the season had changed. Bella Pious took off the beautiful leather art tailored by Cedric Vaux to specifically fit her, for protection and comfort, and changed into a simple cotton dress. She looked at her shoes for a moment and decided to leave them. It was about time for the afternoon tea, but Bella told the cook to pack some bread and fresh cheese for her, wanting a moment to herself in her garden. She could imagine the beautiful cake and chocolate-coated apples on the dessert counter in the big dining hall, but not for her. Today she just wanted something simple.

It felt so good to caress the green grass with bare-feet. The flowers in her garden started to bud, there was a hint of sweetness in the air, and the birds sang joyfully. I have forgotten something very important along the course of my life, she said to herself. But what exactly?

A noise drew her attention. Viola the Tea Girl was at the gardening corner, rubbing hands and murmuring something inaudible. Probably some chants Marcella had taught her. "What are you doing, Viola?" Bella went over curiously. "Oh, I am rubbing them seeds, Mistress. And telling them to wake up and grow fat and juicy! You see, them seeds were sleeping in dark winter! But soooon they would peek out and there would be countless of them!" The silly grinned excitedly.

Bella smiled at the excited girl, and then it hit her. Father Stanqis had always been telling the children to cherish the simplest things in their lives : the life itself in all its forms! She remembered now that he had said once, that even death and winter were a preparation for life to bloom. Old trees of greatness were struck down in history, fire burnt, and flood swallowed. But there would always be new lives growing from ashes. Life will prevail, she remembered now, and Tale will understand. Viola stared at Bella's face as Bella beamed up. "Mistress, do you have butterflies in your stomach again?" "No, Viola. No." Bella gave the Tea Girl a tight hug. "I am reborn. Viola, thank you! You are wonderful!"

The spring is coming. After all, it always comes.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

[Continued as "Measurement for War"]

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15290
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

It had been many years since the outbreak of the rumour of The Great War.
Like any war in human history, fire burnt, lives lost, families scattered;
Also like any war that ever shadowed the mankind, it had come and passed.

Although the Gods and their followers tried their best to kill each other and themselves, the Pious was well prepared in their palace in Nujelm. However, Bella did not believe the realm was safe enough for her children and household staff anymore. The mother of 3 stood at the watch tower of the palace and looked into the horizon with a determined face. Her white owl patiently awaits. She had secretly instructed the building of the largest boat and just now she was told everything was ready for sail. Talerco was supervising the staff to finish uploading the resources into the boat.
It looked like a good day to sail, she sighed, and soon she would have to go wake up the kids.

The wind blew on her face, urging her. It is time. It whispered. “My old friend, would you do me one last honor by delivering this to Dr. London?” She tied an envelope to the owl's leg and sent it off.
Bella Pious, The Vet