Fortuna

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

daimer

Fortuna

Post by daimer »

<Chapter 1 : Viorag Naggath>

Viorag woke up.

She felt dizzy and with a splitting headache. Where am I?

The blinding sunlight stung her eyes as she stumbled around, so one thing for certain was it was day; the noise around and concrete walls she was leaning on pointed out that she was probably in a busy city. Another thing that was very obvious was that she was absolutely starving and weak. What happened? Was I out for long? Viorag found a shady back lane which was dark and cool, and sat down to reserve her strength.

That’s when she heard the screaming.

“ArrrrrghhhhGHGGGHHHHHH~~~~~~~!!!!!!!”

A man with white hair and beard fell off his llama not too far from where she sat, quickly jumped up, waved his hands around and kept on turning in crazy circles. Viorag felt dizzier but she decided to get up to check on the senior man.

“BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!” he shouted, and holding tightly on a jar of honey.

With the last bit of strength, her logical mind autopiloted her body; she quickly took a branch from a nearby tree, ran to the old man, grabbed his honey jar while fending him from the bees with the branch and taking the stung herself, and threw the jar of honey to the opposite direction.

“What have you done?!” The old man exclaimed, his eyes bulging out. But before Viorag could make a sound, her body gave up and she clasped.

When she opened her eyes again, she was in a warm bed. “Good luck and bad luck. Good luck and bad luck. I know that, but … but … that is MY honey!” someone seemed to be arguing by himself. When Viorag sat up, he stopped, not looking happy, but his eyes were warm. He passed some bread and warm milk and signaled her to eat. “There are more on the table. You can eat and rest here until you recover.” He muttered and left the room.
daimer

Re: Fortuna

Post by daimer »

<Chapter 2 : Lady Luck>

The breads were freshly baked, and the warm milk was sweet with a hint of honey in it, and they calmed her stomach and her mind. Viorag remembered she had been a follower of Gaea but there had always been an absence in her faith; she remembered now how she stumbled in the woods for days, barely having anything to eat, until she reached the city; she remembered her older sister Maya and younger brother Asteroth, and she had set out to search for their whereabouts. I cannot stay here. I need to find them. This seemed to be the only meaning of her living now. She searched her pocket and all she had was one single worn gold coin. It was close to nothing, but she left it at the old man’s table with a thank you note. With a full stomach and more strength, Viorag set out on her journey again, though with very faint idea where to begin. Outside the inn, there was a hint of crispy chill in the air and Viorag knew a storm would be coming soon. She needed to figure out a way to earn gold for a roof on her journey to finding her families again but she was not a craftsman and without faith her spirit was as dry as old nanny’s tits.

“With such a bad luck.” A voice breezed from behind her, and Viorag turned. A stunning lady in gold-thread gown walked towards Viorag. The lady tossed a coin in the air, “Head” she said, then caught it with a smile. With no need to confirm, Viorag just knew the coin landed on the head side. The lady then tossed the coin to Viorag, and as the sun shined on the coin, like rainbow, coins dropped all around Viorag. But Viorag only caught the coin the lady had thrown, and saw it was the same old coin she had left in the old man’s room. “Take the coins and find the old man who tend to your health.” The Lady said, “Tell him he must settle you until he finds your families, and that Lady Luck sent you.” “But I don’t know who he was and where he is now.” Viorag replied. With a smile, the Lady gave a meaningful look at her coin, “Trust your luck, and you will find him.” Then she vanished.

Trust my luck and I will find him? Viorag looked at the coin in her hand, and placed it in a separate pocked from the other coins. Soon she faced a crossroad, the Lady’s voice rang by her ear, and she took out the old coin and tossed it. Head to the left, tail to the right, and if it not working, call it for the night. After about the 10th turn, there the old man was. Is it for real? “Excuse me, Sir,” Viorag ran up to him, “Lady Luck sent me. She said you would settle me and help me find my families.”

The old man’s eyes became wide open. “Lady Luck, you said?!” Then he muttered, “Well, I guess it is all decided then. Follow me and I will show you my house. By the way, people call me Logan, at least I think that is my name, and you are?” “Viorag Naggath.” She noticed the name puzzled Logan a little but soon he shrugged it off. Then they stopped at a small house, and Logan showed her the way into the dark room. “This is my house where you can stay, and while you are around please be a dear and warn me if you see any bees?”

To their surprise as the lantern was lid, Lady Luck was waiting inside the house. “You two may sit down now, for I have something important to discuss with you.” She said.