Fool's Errands

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Boern

Re: Fool's Errands

Post by Boern »

KKRAACCKAKOOM!

Thunder boomed the sky and a lightning split it in half. Rain was pouring down, soaking all unfortunate travelers to the bone. You would have to be mad to stay out in weather like this ...or a fool.

"'You would have to be mad to stay out in weather like this.' Even the narrator said it, and he's omniscient. So what does that make us?" Fitz complained, looking miserable like a soaked mongbat.
"Alright, alright. I thought fools were be waterproof but I was wrong. Let's find shelter from the storm." Said Langston.

Finding a cave in this terrain wasn't much of a task for our dynamic duo, and they soon stumbled upon an entrance to a cave on a mountainside. The rocky mouth looked dark and ominous with slight mist wafting out. But hey, caves aren't commonly known of their welcoming atmosphere so the two shrugged and stepped in.

"It's no five star inn room but this'll do, this'll do." Said Fitz as he wringed out water off his drippling hat. Langston was inspecting the entrance as if it might be filled with traps.
"We should look around first before getting too comfortable. Who knows what dwells in a dank cave like this. I once had to fend off a tribe of cross-dressing ogres who lived in these parts. Or, could've been female ogres, I didn't investigate further."

They tiptoed deeper into the cave as the occasional lightning lit it up revealing a small lake and something protruding from lake with a soft shimmering light attached to it.

"It looks calm but we better not stir the lake. I don't like lakes. There's something wrong about them. The same water has been stewing there since the dawn of time, and whatever is in there, has been there forever as well. It's not natural." Said Langston with dubious eyes.
"What, our mighty hero is afraid of a little pond now? What about the glory and the virtue points and all that?" Said Fitz
"Please, I know how to pick my battles. A lake inside a cave with a spooky light? That goes in the 'I'd rather not' -territory. Where do you find the most horrifying terrors and the most terrifying horrors? Underwater."

A gurgling voice spoke from somewhere in the dark: "Hey, I heard that. That's not nice."

Fitz and Langston froze on the spot.
Boern

Re: Fool's Errands

Post by Boern »

A friendly water giant then rose out from the pond and they rode it to the dragon's den, killed all the dragons, and brought an egg to the witch. The witch then made the best scrambled eggs the world had ever seen and everyone lived happily ever after. Except the dragons who were all dead. And it was also all just a dream.

The End