Seeking the Order of Law

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Baoler

Seeking the Order of Law

Post by Baoler »

Background:
I was born in vesper of lower class peasants. My parents and I moved to Britain when I was still but a child. In my youth I would find myself in trouble quite often trying to befriend street urchins. Having been raised by religous parents I knew better than my actions portrayed. I committed an act of theft. Stealing a necklace to try and woo a girl who I fancied but was caught by the britain guards. They informed me of my wrong doing but saw it was not of ill-intent as I spoke honestly for why I did it. They told me if they caught me again I'd be jailed for my actions but let me go freely. Later I heard they smoothed things over with the merchant I had stolen from.

It was at this point I realized there was more to life than the petty streets. However fate would take a turn and my mother was stricken with a terrible sickness. I'd have to stay home with her during the day while my father worked at the lumber mill. She developed wounds on her body that would ooze black substance. Being scared I would pray for my mother's health in the most quiet hours of the night. Her health however would not recover. After a long night of my father and I tending to my mother's failing health we would hear a knock on our door just at sunrise.

My father went to answer the door as I stayed by my mother. I peered towards the entrance. The man I saw was clad in what seemed the most clean and pure armorments. He spoke softly, soft enough that my father seemed at ease yet I could not hear his words. After a few moments my father stepped to the side and gestured the man to enter. The man with a calm face entered, saw me and smiled for a moment. My father lead him into the bedroom where my mother lay agonizing. It was at this point I can only describe the man moving in one swift but calm motion to the bedside. He pulled a radiant book from a protective exceptionally crafted leather cover. With one hand on my mothers head he read from this faintly glowing book.

It was at this point the color in my mothers flesh returned rosey and well. I could not believe my eyes. The man then raised his glowing book said a few more words and as quickly as he took it out, placed it safely away. He stood and turned to us, standing astonished. He told us she would sleep but when she awake to have her take it easy. He gestured for my father to follow him to our homes entrance. My father gestured for me to stay by my mother. at the time I did not know who the man was. I could hear my father thanking him. And in what seemed an unusually loud manner the man said "She will not suffer. Winchester will protect her soul.". My mother died three weeks later in her sleep, healthy looking and calm.

My father was deeply hurt by her passing. But told me if that man had not come to visit should would have suffered a fate worse than death. He informed me he was a member of the Order of Law. Sworn to protect people like us from those wishing to harm us. I was still a young man. Not fully versed in the world. But I knew I must seek out this Order so I too could save the innocent whom like my mother were illfully plagued with evil. I never learned how my mother was sickened. I'd heard rumors of necromancers in the forest far north of britain. But they were rumors.

Baoler's Intentions:
Protect the innocent and cast down any who stand for evil.

Most followed virtues: (in this order)
Honesty is the best policy.
Justice firm but fair.
Honor is to uphold the Law and spread Winchester's glory.

Skills
Anatomy, 100/100***
Enticement, 62.5/100~~~
Healing, 83.3/100~~~
Mace fighting, 100/100***
Meditation, 90/100~~~

Parrying, 85/85***
Resisting Spells, 72.2/85~~~
Tactics, 85/85***
Tracking, 85/85***

Item Identification, 65/65***
Camping, 0.8/65~~~