Bewildered and Hurt

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Kenyon Ahearn

Bewildered and Hurt

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

The day had been long, uneventful and a tragedy at best. Under the damp roof of his guard post, Kenyon scribbled away in his journal in the dim candle light; “what is my purpose… why must I throw my life in harms way for the sake of nothing?”

Kenyon stared up, mould had recently took residence on his stone walls, the air was damp and the light from the candle was slowing diminishing. With a heavy sigh he wondered, hours past as he remained stationary in his chair, wishing for a brighter, more meaningful way of Life. He continued to write; “I awake every morning to the sound of birds, a beautiful thing, knowing that Nature is all around me… but I fear that my selfishness and false sense of belonging is clouding who I really am.”

He stared again at the words he had just wrote, was it blasphemy to denounce your pride and love for your own religion? To him, it was. Throughout the years Kenyon has suffered a great turmoil, the tragedy that a man belonged no-where, never fully becoming a sacred devote to deity’s he never loved.

He continued to write; “our purpose is to protect nature, yet we still slay the beasts of Gaea, we are not fanatic in preserving life and our aims are hypocritical, we clear the dungeons that, in many respects maintain the balance of good and evil, without war or suffering life would prosper… but to the extent of our own prosperity corrupting us as we lust for wealth and power”.

He clenched the quill, dipping it in the midnight blue ink, hesitating for a second, he then continued. “I live in a world of conflict, my only beacon of light is my darling love Summer Hill, and even now I fear for her safety. I am a family man, a man who is loyal to those he serves, but I fear as a Naturist I cannot properly protect my wife and future children. What purpose does Nature follow if it follows wars into other realms yet wishes to preserve life, we were once pure hearted and selfless, following the path of greater good, now I feel we are becoming war-mongering and selfish beings.”

The weather worsened, the leakage in his thatched roof suddenly gave way to a flood of rain water and frigid wind. Cursing, Kenyon closed his Journal and tried to fix the roof, “This is a bloody Job for Tristin, not me!”. Finally, after his poor attempt to seal the leaking roof, Kenyon went to rest on the cold and hard bed he called his own. Throughout the night his sleep was restless, tossing and turning at every thought that swirled in his mind, clouded and bewildered Kenyon began to wander to Trinsic.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Whitewolf

Re: Bewildered and Hurt

Post by Whitewolf »

The night had just reached its fullest, the moon out shinning the sun, the clouds had even been all be scarce the night was perfect in its own sense, i had only just left the moongate leading to the outskirts of trinsic, I slowly walked towards the small dirt path that would lead me to my usual spot. at the top of the hill, high enough to just see the first few guards of the city but the moongate as well, many nights i would sit here watch and studying my enemies but tonight it pays off.

The moongate opened again, to my amusement I assumed a cargo would come, or even a officer coming home from patrol I ready myself and waited to see what came out, only it was nether of my predictions just a man walking slow with his head down rather unusual at this time of night. I watched the man stumbled out of the gate and make his way to a rock around it, as the man looked up into the sky I saw his face, a face I remembered from the day before.

Here to my great ease was a nature priest practically un geared sitting out in the open, but why this isn’t like them. I began to remember the trial he was the one seeking blood over a peaceful way out. Maybe my words shattered his mind. I let myself gloat for a bit to realize he was in ripe shape for the harvesting, as he wandered into trinsic.

I had a robe from a necromancer I had recently slain, damn things think they can use the power of Dennac for there own free will. I cut most the robe so it would cover my face nicely as I began to make my way to the small gate. I had to get closer to him if this was to work. The hood allowed me to get close enough to the guards to slay them before they took suspicion of me; I then ran up the stairs to the roof of the inner city walls, since it was night time there were no guards posted there, as I made my way to the inn.

Once I was in reach I found him lying in bed asleep sadly there where to many men to go talk to him myself but his mind while sleeping was a open gate. I poured all my energy in trying to make a link to his mind finally I succeeded, this was not the dream of a normal Naturalist but of something far greater, he stood in armor of gold with sword and shield fighting off monsters and villains, I watched how in this dream it was just like a old romance tale, a knight to save a damsels in distress, a women captive by a dragon, which he fought and slain. I learned more about the true nature of this man by his dream then I ever could in person.

while in his dream state him and his girl was about to leave i made my appearance, I appeared as a wolf on the path, something in my mind told me a wolf was the right thing to be, once the man saw me he stopped and drew his weapon he could since I wasn’t a ordinary pup, "what be you he spoke, what do yee want of me" i simply stared into his eyes deeply and profoundly as spoke "Kenyon you may be lost, but there is a home for you, one you may of never dreamed of, the only one who can keep your lover safe, the only one who will fulfill your need for strength. don’t you want to become who you where born to be, you know where i am, go through Hyloth to find the portal to my island, there you will be safe from harm, and others there you can become, the warrior you always wanted to be."

I felt my connection with his mind starting to brake, like he realized that i was there, but my message had been sent it was up to him now to decide witch new path to follow. i took my same route out of the city but this time stopping near the alter, though my power was weaker hear i looked for a mind i could corrupt, most where strong and pure of Winchester, except one, one that rather intrigued me, though i was too weak at the moment to do anything about i decided to leave for my throne.

"Maybe next time geryn..."
Kenyon Ahearn

Re: Bewildered and Hurt

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Kenyon awoke, dreary and confused in a Trinsic Inn, it was morning. He held his head between his knee’s, the feeling of sickness encumbered his every move, the best possible solution was to remain still. He began to reflect on the previous night, unsure why he followed the paths to Trinsic, who paid for his room and why his mind was fighting a loosing battle against insanity. He had to get out of the inn, he had to find a reason for all this confusion.

The morning was beautiful, the golden shores of Trinsic glistened as the light reflected off the sand, the ocean dreamily came to a fro whilst sea-birds sung in the swirling breeze. Yet he felt no better. As he continued through the busy streets, he stopped by a vendor selling cold spring water and bread. He readily ate the bread and swigged the water, feeling somewhat refreshed, Kenyon went to the local alchemists.

“Sir, you got anything at all for this blinding head ache?”,

the alchemist looked up with, eyeing him with scrutiny;

“too much ale last night eh? Here, this cure-all potion should do the trick”;

For 250 gold pieces ( a rather costly price) Kenyon was somewhat relieved from the vicious headache that had been haunting him all morning. However, with a clearer mind Kenyon realised of the turmoil he felt the previous night, how the dreams he dreamt during his stay at the inn were of no ordinary calibre. He remembered a Wolf, sleek and dark, tempting and mysterious; this was no good Omen to him.

Nervously Kenyon summoned his Ostard; Serenity. They rode till they reached the Outer Wall; Kenyon felt something unusual, something colder and darker lurking around the very area in which he was. He noticed something glistening on the top of the stairs, like a glove. On further investigation his realised the glove was a Guardsmen, dead concealed behind a wall, next to him was another. Both were mutilated, their throats were oozing blood and their hands and feet bound by what seemed like chains.

“Guards! Guards! There has been murder on these very walls!”

Kenyon shouted in desperation, inevitably dozens of men wearing golden cloaks arrived, the Foot Guards of Lord British. They knew this scenario too well, this was a trait of the most cruellest of people; to bind, torture and eventually slice the throats of their victims, one guard believed that the Avatar of Tekstone had visited… but why?

Knowing to well if it was the Avatar, Kenyon knew that the safest place was to remain in Trinsic, she only appears with a reason, and that reason was somehow associated with his presence in Trinsic. If she was to return, he’d have to face her.

Troubled by the murders, but somewhat acclimatised to the view of dead bodies due to the years of conflict, Kenyon began to further reflect on the dreams he had the night before.

“What.. Was that wolf? It must be symbolic of something within me, or further yet something outside… observing me.”

Torn between the dreams of the wolf and the glorified representation of him being the Hero he has always aspired to be, Kenyon was even more confused. He found no shelter in Empath Abbey, nor as usual, no other members of Nature noted his disappearance. Angry at his Order and distressed (because he felt no guidance from Gaea) , he wandered the streets of Trinsic further, deeper into the alleyways, what would await him there?

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.