L'enfant terrible

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Andrew De'lere

L'enfant terrible

Post by Andrew De'lere »

As darkness and bitterly cold weather surrounded the town of Moonglow, the Oracle continued to shake with the fever that had hold of her. Her servants fretfully watching over here, as her situation seemed to deteriorate.
“All this has happened before and all this will happen again, the circle is drawing to its end” muttered the Oracle over and over again.
A healer stood nearby with a look of concern on his face, he surely feared for the oracles life as she lay there babbling. As he began to discuss what could be done about her condition with her servants a loud banging was heard from the door.
As the door opened a large hooded man could be seen. Without a word said he stepped forward into the house. There was something about this man, something strange. Silence surrounded the room as this hooded man walked forward, his presence so powerful and dominating that non dared to speak, even the old ladies babbling stopped. The Aura given off by this man was something no-one in the room had ever experienced.
The figure stared at the Oracle for a short time then looked over towards the servants. The gaze of the man struck fear and ore into them as the first words were spoken.
“When was it this began?” he bellowed. The sound of the unmasked voice sent chills down their spines.
“Ju.. . Just the other day sire...” said one servant nervously.
“Mhm and what was it that brought it on?!” questioned the man.
“It, it was a book sire...”
“Take me to it!” the man roared.
Without so much as a question one of the servants lead the man into the back room, and opened up a chest. Within the chest lay a single book, covered in dust. The book was clearly hundreds of years old. The man carefully took the book from the chest, placed it on the desk and blew the dust off it to reveal the title;
“Oracle Wiz Q’uaz: Prophecy of L'enfant terrible and the downfall of the kingdom”
A small smile moved across the man’s face as he stood up and exited the room with the book under his arm. He approached the Oracle who lay there almost motionless.
“I have to thank you, you’ve lead me right to it, could have caused some problems if this had fallen into the wrong hands” he said while chuckling.
An expression of complete fear came across the oracles face as spluttered “You?!? The Prophecy is true...”
“Hush now, you don’t have long left” said the man as he began to walk towards the door.
He exited through the front door, to where 4 more men were waiting.
“Burn it to the ground, we’ve got what we needed. Leave non alive!” He order as climbed onto a white steed.
Andrew De'lere

Re: L'enfant terrible

Post by Andrew De'lere »

*later that night*
The bitter coldness above Moonglow had followed the man as he left into the night; it now resided above northern Britain. As inn keepers began to stoke their fires and collect more wood for the freezing night ahead, two figures in a house near the grave yard had very different plans.

“Sister, i’ve done it! We got hold of the book, no-one will know of the prophesy within.” said the hooded man.
The other figure, a hooded female began to chuckle slightly and said “You really think that would have stopped us? What does it have to say about us anyway?”
“Take a look for yourself” said the man as he placed the book onto a table.
The woman took a seat at the table and in the dim candle light turned to the first page. The woman slowly began to read through the first page, then began flicking through, skipping pages at a time.
“Ha, it mentions Nefer here and the fall of Lord British, bet they’re heartbroken not to have known about this” she chuckled.
Ah, here it is” she said as she paused on a page and began to read aloud;

L'enfant terrible;
A vision, nay, a warning from Winchester himself, or one of his angels, i’m not quite sure. The fate of the kingdom they spoke of was something horrific, something that must be stopped at all costs.
They told me of a brother and a sister, born of the night with hearts as black as Dennac’s soul itself. This itself was not something that would concern me, Dennac’s minions have raped this lands for as long as i know, however the next words that came from this beings mouth struck nothing but fear and terror into the darkest parts of my soul.
These people would not be cultists, or at least, not that we knew of. They would be within the Order itself. The saga continued, not just lowly officers, but the two who would answer to the Royal Family itself.
My first instinct was obviously to ask for a name, but as the angel spoke their names, my ears were temporarily deafened to its voice by another force, most likely the presence of Dennac himself. I asked again for a name, but once again my ears could not hear their names. What else could I do to help pinpoint these most wretched of people? A date, of course! Once again though, the voice of the being was stolen from my ears.
All I know about these two is that they are siblings... Unlike this Nefer i had a vision of last time and the countless future attacks on the Kingdom by the cult, these terrible children would bring and i quote, “the closure of the final circle”. Those are the words of Winchester, or the spirit representing Winchester at this time.
I have no doubt that the dark lord already has some of his minions on his way to my location now, it is vital that this book be hidden from them. I intend to hide it with my servants and have them go into hiding, the book will be passed down from generation to generation until a time when a brother and sister of an uncertain past take their position in the order. Then, the oracle in possession of the book must seek the people who can best deal with the situation and save the fate of all who dwell within this world...”

” I’ve heard enough of that tripe for now, burn it, let no eyes ever be cast upon it again! I have business to attend to, i’ll see you later sister” Muttered the hooded man.
A small smile crossed the mans face as he muttered “Dissimulo” before leaving the room.