Speech to the citizens of Malas

This is for General Roleplay stories and personal Letters. Please note this forum is not for General Roleplay posts, ONLY stories, diaries, letters etc. All off topic posts will be deleted without further warning. Replying to a topic without the authorization from the original poster is illegal.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Mike

Speech to the citizens of Malas

Post by Mike »

The sun blazed in the late afternoon as Vitellus stepped out on the high balcony. The stone buildings of Luna lustrously reflected the rays of the sun. Careful preparations had been made. Dust had been swept from the streets, old statues had been polished, stray dogs and the odd beggar had been killed and thrown to the beasts beyond the walls. The city was truly divine, competing with the heavens in its glory, if only for a day. He gazed out over the towers and mansions before he raised his hands in greetings to the people. The right hand was lowered and held over his heart as he started to speak.

"This day marks the beginning of a new Consular term. I am Alus Vitellus, a true son of Luna, and I have been chosen to lead the Imperial order for the next Consular year", he proclaimed. "The honorable Marcus' term has come to an end. He sowed the seeds for greatness in this realm, once barren of all hope. My time will be a time of renewal. Let us all say praise to the divine Esuna."
The chant began.
"Creator of Heavens and Earths, Matriarch of the Gods, Proprietor of the Holy Lands, Protector of all true men and women, we thank you. May your sun shine on us another day. May your rain nurture our crops. May your strength fill our minds with resolve, our bodies with endurance, and our weapons with purpose. May your wisdom become our knowledge. Let us conquer in your name. Let us shape the lands to your grand design. All praise the divine Esuna!"
The chant died out, and all was silent for a moment, before Vitellus continued his speech.
"I am dedicated to the improvement of our rightful domain. I propose to you all the Lex Imperia. This new law dictates that every corner of the land which our goddess has made for us is ours to govern in her name. No more shall unbelievers from beyond the portals come to us to steal the riches she has bestowed upon us without compensation. No more shall brigands find refuge from our divine law in hovels and shacks scattered across the surface of Malas. This law will provide us with the means to go forth and claim the resources the divine Esuna has buried in the mountains and hidden in the woods and caverns. She is generous and wise, in that she does not give us rewards without hard work."
"I am also dedicated to the ongoing war. We have taken the battle to our enemies. No longer can the whitecloaks demand our surrender. Their arrogance has been shoved down their throats by the might of our legions. I give special recognition to the champion Grace Blackheart who has brought fear and despair into the heart of Britan. I also thank Lord Blackthorn and the Chaos Guard. Untold cohorts of his men have fought on our side and it has been a priviledge. All who wonder what to make of themselves need but to gaze upon the brave souls who fight in his name, and it shall be clear."
"Let it be known that a new age of prosperity and power will come to the Holy Lands of Malas, and all it's faithful and loyal citizens will enjoy this golden age."
Those were his last words for the day. His discipline allowed him a small smile to the gathered people, before he humbly bowed his head, and strode back into the tower. The work of the day was done.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota